chapter - 27 The Coronation (Part 1)

The Royal hall.

Alex Fenrir's POV

The moment I entered the library all eyes focused on me. My elder sister Athena walks towards me followed by other two siblings. Since young our sibling bond has been very strong. The loss of a mother has brought us close to each other.

"You look like the Alpha You deserve to be little brother" Athena praises me. Athena has almost become a second mother to all three of us. After mother passed away she has been the best sister any three of us could hope for. But because of us she had to grow up soon unlike us three. Father was kept busy with the many duties as the Acting Alpha king so she was always there for us if Father wasn't able to.

"Not more than you who should be the AlphaQueen Sis. "I replied.
"When will you to drop it. I am more than happy to be exempted from this responsibility. Trust me. I am content."She said.
"I hope so. " I replied.
"Congratulations to you brother Alex. " Scarlett beamed from behind Athena.
"Congratulations brother. You are going to make a great king. " Said Caleb just as Scarlett finished with her words.
"Thanks , both of you. I am always grateful for your support. " I told them.
"It's time now son. " My father came forward puts a hand on my shoulder and gives it a squeeze , while looking straight in my eyes and all that was needed to say was said. Councilmen comes forward and and bows before me. Iris' grandfather Councilman Richard Greywind comes forward .
"Me and my family are very honored that you chose our Iris to be your mate and the future queen, I asure you that she will become everything that you hope for a mate." He said.
I give him a little head nod to acknowledge his sincerity.
"We should be moving to the main hall your majesty.... It's time to start the ceremony" Said another Councilmen.
We all agree with him and start moving towards the main hall where the crowning ceremony will be held.
As we move towards that mysterious feeling only grew with each step. It felt unraveling. I tried to divert my attention from that feeling to the upcoming ceremony and the responsibilities that will follow. I inhale a large amount of air and then exhale it, so that my racing heart could slow down a bit........ Well it didn't work.
"Alex I know that what is happening is not your will but it will happen nevertheless. I can too feel that mysterious feeling, a felling that is an indication that life changing shit is about to happen. But you are not alone. I will be there with you at all times. " Hati rumbled in my head. I can feel his anxiousness too.
"I know you will never leave me alone. I trust you. " I replied .
There was nothing but a low 'Mmm' in my mind as a reply from him.
In the mean time we all reached that Main hall where the ceremony and celebrations would be held. Our arrival is announced and the doors are opened.

A strong fragrance enters my nostrils. A soothing scent of black lotus. My heart beats increases their pace and I am now having a bit difficulty in breathing. I cannot smell anything but the fragrance of black lotus. I continue to walk with the others, who are ignorant of my current situation, and i try my best to keep it that way. As we all enter the main banquet hall, my sense tells me that the source of the scent is a strong wolf, there inside the hall among the guests, as no black lotuses were used in the decorations. Somewhere among those alphas or betas or Delta warriors. But the question is who is the source of this scent?

"MATE" Hati kind of yells in my head. I wince a bit.
"I know it Hati, I got the hint, the first time I smelled the scent." I say to Hati.

My attention is pulled from my thoughts by the cheering and clapping sounds coming from the guests, but the thoughts of the word MATE does not leave my mind. My situation is dire. Here I am on the verge of becoming an Alpha King without a natural mate, but with a prospective Queen beside me.
My emotions are in turmoil, happiness, anxiety, frustration all mixed. I am happy that I found my mate, I am actually delighted, but on the other hand I am frustrated at the thought that I was not able to find my mate when I visited all the packs. Why didn't I find my mate at that time? My search for my mate lasted more than a year. In the guise of 'getting to about the wolves I am about to rule' I searched for my mate in every pack, from the smallest one to the one just second to mine, but all my efforts went futile. And now my mate suddenly pops up at my crowning ceremony where I am supposed to promise another wolf as my mate.

Skylar seems to have noticed my wrecked emotions cause he turned towards me and gave me his 'one eyebrow up look' which means 'what in the fucking hell happened?' I say nothing and just give him my 'poker face look' which means 'not now'.

"Something did happen". Skylar speaks through the mind link.
"That something is smelling my mate, if you could comprehend what it means". I say. His face falls , all colors drowned out.
"Why does it sounds like the life changing shit you were talking about before? " Skylar asks.
"Cause it is." I said.
While I and Skylar had our little chat we all have walked towards the thrones. Father signaled us to take our places. The councilmen led by Mr. Greywind,that were walking behind us stepped down the throne pedestal and took their places on the right side of the hall. The Beta family followed them, and reached their place in same side as that of the councilmen, except Skylar my Beta and Skylar's father Josh stayed beside me and my father respectively. The Greywind family joined the other guests in the hall except for Iris who stayed with his grandfather. My siblings took their places on the left side of the hall.

The announcements are made to maintain the decorum of the hall, after which the ceremony starts.

***************************************
Sorry for not updating sooner. As I have mentioned before I am a college going student in my first year and rarely get time to continue my story. But I promise that this story will not be left hanging and will get updated whenever I get time.