Chapter - 47 Hati's sufferings

ALEX'S POV

He left today.  He left without a word to me.His determination to stay away from me and the werewolves is salute worthy. I just can't understand what destiny wants from me. What the Moon Goddess wants. I search for my mate for my whole life travelling around the world, visiting even the smallest packs but fails to even get a single detail about him. Then I find him in the worst situations possible and to top it up, he hates our kind.

Here sitting in my study with a glass of special alcohol that could even put me the Alpha King in a moment of dizziness. What is so good about that human world that he is willing to leave his mate? What is so special there? These questions constantly burn my mind, but the answers to these questions are gone with with him. I was not able to visit him after Alicia gave me the advice as to how to get in the good graces of Mikael . After discussing everything with father, there is still time before I can fully focus on HIM.

Dad and I have been handling the pack together for the past year so as to prepare me for the full transfer of the duties. Now that I have to leave to the human world to understand Mikael's mindset, Dad will be again be handling the affairs on my behalf, and we have to build a story upon the human identities that I ,Skylar and some of my subordinates that would be coming to the human world with me have. Its not that we have never been with humans before, we have some links with them. We even work with the Hunters organisation to keep the supernaturals in check.

Athena and Scarlet works within the Human world, but they do so to keep an eye on the humans. Athena works in the Fashion and  the Entertainment industries. It is found that most of the supernatural beings who live in the human world make a living through these industries. Scarlet as a detective in the LAPD. She reports any and every abnormal crime that could have any link to the world of supernatural. We then clean up the mess before anyone from the human world could so as to avoid any suspicions.

The supernatural world has placed many of their own undercover like this. Luckily Athena and Scarlet enjoy being in the human world. They enjoy the superiority that comes with being a werewolf. The superhuman abilities makes their work easy there, especially for Scarlet. We all have an alias for situations where we have to make an appearance in the human world. So before making another appearance we fill up the gap of our absence. We make up a story that could be full proof and match up with our presence at different places and absence from different places.

So until that story is prepared and studied by everyone going with me, I have to delay my plans of wooing Mikael and only the Goddess knows what else can happen in that time frame. For instance we've received reports stating unusual meetings of Wesson Witches. Wesson Witches are loners, they do not like to be in groups. It is a pain in the ass when we call upon them for the social gatherings that happen once in 5 years where almost every supernatural being is present. Reports have also come in of spotting of rogue wolves in groups which is also not common. 

For all the time these incidents could have happen they choose to happen now, when I have just been crowned as the Alpha King and my mate has almost rejected me. It hurts like hell to even think of rejection. What I feel is not only my own pain but also the pain of the thousands of lives that Hati have lived and without his mate. All the longing, all the waiting, all those emotions at there peak in me. Its not that, that having continuous rebirths was easy. It was curse that was placed by the Moon Goddess upon Hati for loving Skoll. It was never going to be easy even with all the powers and energy that was given by Skoll. 

In normal case, the process of rebirth is very simple, you die, whatever you did in your life is accounted for and on the basis of your deeds your next life is based. Whether you will become a human or a normal animal or an insect or a supernatural being. For Hati the process has been very different and difficult, even with all those powers given by Skoll. Hati's account of deeds has been very long since the beginning.

What happens is that every time he dies his deeds are accounted  but Hati has been defying the very system of nature just for Skoll. Instead of taking birth as different living species , he has been taking birth in the same species, and to that he had to take punishment for every wrong deed he did and receive rewards for his good deed. This is why Hati only take birth in every 4th generation. This method was suggested by the Moon Goddess herself but she also said that defying the rules of nature comes with a price. 

The punishments that Hati receive are extra torturous and the rewards are almost nil. It takes him the time of 3 generation to attend his punishments and heal from those punishment. It breaks every particle of my heart to know how much Hati suffered for his love. His sufferings have been etched onto his soul. If one could look closely they could see his love, longing and pain clearly. 

I have decided to handle every thing here as soon as possible and then go to the human world and bring back my luna to his rightful place.