Chapter - 46 Back To LA

MIKAEL'S POV

After a few days, because I recovered 100%, I was discharged from the pack hospital. Today I am leaving for LA with Alicia. James said that he will arrive a few days later after settling all the matters at the pack. I haven't seen Him at all. I have sensed him near my hospital bed when I was not yet awake, but since that day, when Alicia gave him advice about me, he hasn't been here, not even a single time. I think things ended before they could start. I guess its for the better.

It's almost noon we will be leaving in an hour. Right now I am going to meet with Maria and my siblings. This is the last I will ever be coming back. We have been staying at the The Blessed Moon Pack since the coronation ceremony. The other guests have returned. Maria and my siblings are waiting in the garden of the pack house for me for the last goodbyes. As I make my way towards the garden, many eyes follow my route. Now I am a creep, a monster in there eyes to have survived the renunciation ritual.

A monster who have become a rogue of his own free will. They fear me. It is evident in their eyes, on their faces. Even the doctors and nurses in the Pack Hospital were afraid of me. They were very careful and cautious with everything. As unconscious I was, I could still know what was happening around me. The doctors and nurse refused to touch me and take a look at me. Only when HE commanded them, were they ready to take a look at my situation. Well its understandable, this is the normal way werewolves treat a rogue. Never minding those weird looks, I move forward.

Maria was admiring the flowers in the garden all the while listening to James bicker with Marrisa about him leaving with us. As a sister she don't want to be separated from her twin brother. For the few days that I have spent with my siblings, I have gotten a grasp of the kind of bond they share. James and Marrisa being twins are closest to each other. The two brother also shares a great bond, but Shawn is mostly busy with his pack duties and Rowena. Patricia is loner. She mostly spends her time by herself, engrossed in her own world but still aware of what is happening around her. Never butting in in unnecessary things. Silent most of the time, but voicing her thoughts when needed.

As I get closer to all of them, their attention shifts from whatever they are doing towards me. I smile, and receives the most beautiful ones in return. They greet me with hugs. We talk about this and that before coming to the main topic and Patricia blurts, "Big bro , I didn't butt in when you decided to perform the ritual, I understood that it was a need for you I am so relieved that you successfully performed it, but the thoughts you have about the mating is a bit complicated for me to understand. I didn't understand why are you hell bent on not wanting to have a mate?"

"There are 2 reasons for that love. I know its no secret who is my fated mate is. The thing is that me being accepted by every supernatural being as their Royal Luna in impossible. I am nothing what they expect from. I cannot give what they want from me. I am a defiled male omega. Male omegas are a rarity, and mostly unwanted. I don't want to stay in a place where I am unwanted, not accepted for who I am and where my opinions won't matter. I know Iris Greywind was born and brought up to become the perfect Royal Luna. She has been brought for this job, she knows what to do about. I know don't know shit." I tell her.

"And the other reason?" She asks. "The other reason is this." I show her the ring that has been hanging around my neck for the past few days. I look down at it and a smile comes to my lips without me realizing. "There is someone there in the human world waiting for me. Someone who accepts me as I am. Someone who knows my reality and still choose me. And also, there is job, my work that I love the most. I am not in any situation will give that up." I explain her.

"What about the mate bond you have with the Alpha King ?" I look at her for a few seconds , seeking words to answer her question. "Patricia, Love, I personally have no faith in this mate bond aspect of the werewolf society. It is like forcefully tying two people together , whether they like it or not. No consent is there from either of the parties. It is like arranging a marriage. I don't want to be tied to someone like this. I don't want anyone to be tied to me like this without his or her consent. I want them to be with only when they want to be with me. I hope you understand this this mate bond is the reason why I never received motherly love." I finish my words.

Patricia still looks a bit unconvinced but nods her head to show that nothing in this world can change my decision, I can understand that even though we have only meet now, she considers me a part of her family and cares and worries about me. I feel grateful for that.

Maria comes forward, puts a hand on my shoulder and says, "Whatever you think you are doing is only right when you feel that it is right from within yourself Little Sweetness. If you feel that your actions are correct, that they will lead you to what your desire, then no matter what just be devoted to them." Her eyes always make me see what I can't see in myself. Those eyes a vast ocean of knowledge and wisdom.

For the next few moments I just bid my last goodbyes to them. after giving all of them tight hugs I exit the garden and move towards the parking area, where my car is parked. Alicia is already there, some warriors are helping her keep our luggage in the trunk. Well I don't understand why they are helping her because she is very well capable of doing it by herself.

I stop just beside her and say, "What is happening her Little Sweetness?" She turns towards me and whispers in my ears, "James told them to do so. He thinks I am a little, delicate flower who cannot do the heavy stuff." I burst out laughing, "That is only because he still doesn't know the real you. He has signed up for a very difficult job by coming with us to the human world. Firstly he has to deal with every humanly thing there, then he has to deal with you."

She stares daggers at me and I only laugh more. Poor Little James. His life is going to turn upside down. As soon as the luggage is set in the trunk we board in. We just check everything before we start moving. I start the car and drive it out the drive way. James is standing by the main gate so I stop the car near him. He walks towards the other side, towards Alicia. I pull the windows down, he looks like he has something to say.

James leans down against the hood of the car, looks Alicia and says, "Don't worry about me, My Darling. I will be right behind you. Just had to take care of some things like my belongings and what I am gonna do in the human world." Alicia looks at him for a second before saying," Be careful and you have 3 days to join us in the human world. IF you arrive even a second late, then you don't have to come." and then turns away to look in the front. Blood drained from James' face. He looks at me I just smirk at him. He rolls his eyes at me. "I will be right on time madam." He winks at Alicia and moves backwards. I give him a slight nod and press the accelerator. I see James staring at the car through the rear view mirror.

As we move forward his silhouette becomes smaller until it disappears in the trees of the forest.

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry guys for not updating the chapters. July and August were exam months for me so I have been very busy. I will try to update more regularly.