Part 3: Denji

Denji stirred awake and rubbed the back of his head, still reeling from having it bashed against not-so-solid metal. 

"Pochita!!!" He shot to his feet, realizing that he had left Pochita alone with the frog devil.

"Right here." Denji whipped his head towards the voice, to see the frog devil sitting on a tire, holding a restrained Puchita in his lap.

"Give him back!!!" Denji grabbed a piece of rebar from his pile of utility garbage and pointed it at the frog.

"I will. But let's talk first." (Y/N) said.

"Hells no!!! Pochita first!!!" Denji yelled.

"I have an odd feeling that you're gonna try and kill me the moment I do that." (Y/N) muttered.

"Damn right I'm gonna!!!" Dennis was terrible at negotiations.

"Man, I forgot this dude was incredibly stupid." (Y/N) thought to himself.

"So here's how things are gonna go, I'm gonna give this thing to you, and in return, you're not gonna shred my face open." (Y/N) said, holding up Pochita. "If you do try anything, I'm gonna have to introduce you to my hand again." (Y/N) growled.

"Fine, but I don't have any idea who My Hand Again is." Denji grunted.

This fucking guy.

----------

"So, you some sort of friendly devil like Pochita?" Denji asked, laying down on his mattress while stroking Pochita's back.

"I'm actually mostly human." (Y/N) answered. Denji gave him a doubtful look. "I have a form that looks more human." (Y/N) tried explaining. "I'm gonna settle in this area for the time being, I won't be any trouble." (Y/N) said. If this was Denji pre-Chainsawmanification, all he had to do was follow him until he was picked up by the Public Safety Bureau, then he could go out with his plan.

"I don't think that's happening, bud. I've got a debt to pay, and if you're gonna go around stealing job opportunities I'm gonna have to say no." Denji said, grabbing Pochita's handle and reaching for his tail cord.

"How about this: I'll help you out." (Y/N) said. "Judging by how you called me a 'fat stack of cash', I'm assuming you hunt devils for money, right?" (Y/N) asked. Denji and Pochita nodded. "I'll help you two with that. You guys've seen what I can do." (Y/N) laid out his proposal.

 "If you're gonna be stealing some of our pay, then the answer is no." Denji said, still defensive.

"I won't ask of anything. Hell, I could probably be the one paying you." (Y/N) said, looking out of the shack and into the woods. Denji stared at him inquisitively, before looking in the direction he was. He saw a deer's head peeking out of the tree line. 

"Oh shit, a deer! Quick, Pochita-" Denji was blown back as (Y/N) rocketed from his spot, launching himself down the hill and sending himself into the deer, the creature only able to flinch as he collided with it. The two silhouettes tumbled into the underbrush, and Denji shot up to follow them.

"Alrighty!" (Y/N) stood up from a bush, holding up the deer by one of its legs. He had killed instantly in the collision, caving in the left side of its ribcage with the force of the impact. "I've got my first payment." 

"Sweet!" Denji came running down the hill to meet him. "Give her here and it's official!!!" He held out his hands, smiling.

(Y/N) held out his own hand.

"Let's shake on it." He said. Denji paused before shaking his hand enthusiastically.

----------

(Y/N) has hung up the deer with some rope from Denji's utility trash pile, and Denji used Pochita to butcher the corpse. He sawed off the limbs and head, before going to open the belly to remove the organs.