Part 41: Trick or Treat

"HOOOOOOOT!!!" Denji and Santa wailed in unison as they were bathed in flames. Denji snarled like a feral beast, digging his saws into Santa's grotesquely elongated neck, spraying black blood all over the pavement. 

"Denji, what the hell are you doing!?" Reze yelled.

"LIGHT POWEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!"

Reze was starting to seriously question her taste in men.

Santa contorted her gangly arms, reaching behind herself and gripping Denji's singed shirt, flinging him off of her and onto the concrete.

"Even after deepening my wisdom with the power of darkness... I can't comprehend the behavior of fools." Santa hissed.

"I-hot!!!-ain't-hot!!-no fool-hot!!!-I-hot!!!-watch educational-hot!!!-TV every-hot!!!-day!!!" Denji yelled, still bathed in flames. 

"Hm...?" Santa gazed down to see Denji had wrapped one of the chains from his saws around her torso. "His chain...?" Santa hissed. 

Crackle!!!

Santa whipped her gaze to her side, where she saw Reze coming straight at her with a sparked fist. Santa lept to dodge, only for her to be yanked by the chain, straight into the red-hot knuckles of Reze.

BOOM!!!

Reze blasted her fist into Santa's stomach, igniting the fuses that comprised it and blasting Santa away. 

"GAH-SHIT!!!" Denji cried as he went flying with her, the chain that connected him to Santa dragging him along. 

"Crap, sorry!" Reze cried, blasting to catch up to them. She wasn't used to this 'teamwork' thing.

"DON'T BE!!!" Denji roared, using the momentum to fly into Santa midair, digging his saws through the chest of the massive doll. Santa landed on her feet, standing straight as Denji continued to dig his saws into her.

"This is futile. I can distribute my pain." Santa said as a few of the many dolls that had arrived began to quake in agony. Santa grabbed Denji once again, ripping his saws out of her flesh as she hoisted him into the air.

"I'm not so sure... Your regeneration's slowin' down cuzza my light power!!!" Denji cackled. Santa wordlessly slammed him into the wall of a building, cratering concrete as Denji vomited blood.

SHUNK!!!

Bladed appendages burst through Denji's chest as he was impaled by half a dozen dolls as they erupted through the wall.

"AGAAAUGH!?!?!?" Denji let out a gargling cry of agony as the blades were buried to the elbow, pushing far out of his chest and positively shredding his insides. 

"LET HIM GO!!!" Reze blasted towards Santa, only to be grabbed by the head and slammed into the ground. Reze let out a cry of pain as her head was shoved through nearly ten inches of concrete.

"I wonder..." Santa hissed.

"Can you be made into a doll?"

Reze let out a growl of defiance as Santa slowly extended a hand toward her.

"REZE!!!" Denji yelled, and bit down on one of the dolls impaling him, and letting his engines roar with the new fuel. He tore through the dolls and lept towards them, reaching out as Santa's hand grew closer and closer to Reze's body.

"Tch." 

Pop!

Denji's eyes widened as Reze's head popped off of her body.