Part 38: Piece

...

...

...

"Where are we...?"

Kusukabe was the first to speak.

No one answered.

Everyone stood, paralyzed, trying to comprehend their surroundings. Trying to comprehend what could not be comprehended.

"Huh...? It's Hayakawa's group...?" Kobeni muttered as she, Arai, and a shaky Violence walked up to them.

"Joey, Aldo, stay close..." Tony muttered as the three huddled, forming a circle against this otherworldly environment.

Aki looked all around. Every person that was in the mall had been teleported to this place. The squad, the brothers, Quanxi and her fiends, the other members of Division 4, and someone Aki didn't recognize. The unknown someone stood rigid as a mannequin, so much so that Aki assumed that's exactly what it was. He noticed Denji lying on the ground, blood still dripping from his mouth and nose.

"Denji!!!" Aki yelled, running to his side. "Dammit, what the hell..." Aki looked him all over, crouching down to his knees. "(Y/N), what the hell happened!?" Aki turned to (Y/N), who stood motionless, gazing out to the horizon. "(Y/N), answer me!!!"

"Where are you..."

"The hell are you..." Aki stared at him. "Dammit..." Aki gave up on trying to get answers and reached down, grabbing Denji's ripcord and pulling it.

Bzzz...

The engine let out a weak whirl as a single, shortened saw burst from Denji's head to the Hybrid's agony.

"OWWW!!! SON OF A MOTHERFUCKIN'-" Denji burst to life, writhing on the floor.

"He isn't turning into Chainsaw Man fully... Must not have enough blood."

Aki tore his gaze upwards, eyes widening as he was met with Quanxi. He pulled out his sword, gripping it and readying for a fight.

"Temporary truce." Quanxi said. "Something's wrong with the fiends." She nodded her head towards the fiends, where hers, along with Power, Violence and Beam were paralyzed with fear.

"Why... Why are we here...!?" The hair field whimpered, gazing at the endless expanse of doors where the sky should have been. Her horned companion was on the brink of madness, babbling incomprehensibly.

Power lay on her hands and knees, sweating bullets with an expression of pure fear on her face.

"Bad... Bad... Feels... Bad... Something... wrong...." Violence groaned, nearly incapacitated.

"What's wrong, Violence!?" Kobeni asked frantically, placing a reassuring hand on his shaking head.

"Violence...!" Arai decided to forgo any bitterness and crouched down, trying to help him back up.

"What the..." Aki stared at the sight, not understanding what was happening to them. "Angel, do you know what this place is!?" Aki turned to the winged Devil. Angel only stood, beads of sweat dripping down his face as he stared out into the emptiness.

"We're finished..."

....

"Wha-" Aki tried to speak.

"This... This is the scent... The scent of Hell..." Angel whispered. "It's hard to believe, but we've been cast into hell by a Devil's Power..." He said, voice shaking.

"Dammit, it hurts!!!" Denji, oblivious to the dread of the current situation, still writhed in pain from the saw digging through his skull.

"Long... Pingsti." Quanxi spoke, turning to the horned and hair fiend respectively. "Is there a way to escape from here?" She asked. Long answered with a few terrified babbles.