Part 8: Bat Outta Hell

"Up on the hill! That house houses the devil holding my precious Meowy hostage!" Power pointed at a run-down house that, and you won't believe this, was at the top of the hill. "(Y/N), you stand watch here, and make sure that whatever you do, do not look towards the house." Power ordered him.

"Okay." (Y/N) nodded and went to his job.

...

...

...

(Y/N) began to whistle as he watched the cars drive by.

...

...

...

(Y/N) watched a hawk fly over the dry grassland, searching for any prey animals in the sea of beige. He always liked hawks.

...

...

...

"WAIT!!!" (Y/N) whipped around, finally remembering what happened here. He broke into a sprint, trying to get to them in time.

"DENJIIIII!!!" (Y/N) screamed at the top of his lungs. "DENJI!!! SHE'S GONNA DOUBLE-CROSS YOU!!!"

---------

"You hear something?" Denji asked, cupping his ear.

"Nope." Power muttered.

---------

"DENJIIIIIIIIIII!!! DENJIIIII!!!!!!" (Y/N) screamed repeatedly, trying to get his attention.

----------

"Hey, why are you coming so close to the house, anyway? What if the devil sees you and uses Meowy as a hostage?" Denji asked.

"Oh shoot, I didn't think about that."

----------

"DEN-Oh fuck it!" (Y/N) yanked his tongue and bursted from his skin, landing and leaping towards them at immense speed.

---------

"What do you mean you-" Denji's eyes widened as Power opened her hand wide, her wrist splitting open as blood poured out and formed a small mallet. He gripped his axe, swinging at the exact moment she did and-

"DON'T YOU FUCKIN' DARE!!!" In an instant, (Y/N) was able to close the distance and get between them, catching both weapons in his hands. He was seething, loose patches of his human skin still hanging from his mouth.

"You fool!!!" Power cried out as she glanced at the house.

"Blood devil..."

"Uh oh..." (Y/N) let go of both weapons as they all took a fighting stance. A giant, bulging eyeball could be seen in the cracked window of the house.

"YOU DARE DECEIVE ME!?!?" A giant arm ripped open the house, and the Bat Devil bursted forward. It clawed Denji nearly in two, gripping (Y/N) and hosting him up in the same motion. "Bottom's up!" The bat devil opened its mouth wide as it crushed (Y/N) in its massive hand. (Y/N) let out a gurgling cry as his organs were smashed, causing him to vomit liters of dark blood along with assorted opened and unopened cans of soda into the Bat Devil's mouth. "Hm... sweet... tangy... fizzy even..." The bat devil muttered.

"Ate like 12 sodas, so..." (Y/N) let out a hoarse chuckle.

"That settles it, Bat Devil!!!" Power shouted at the beast with her hands on her hips. "I brought you a tasty at least 20% human! So let Meowy go!" She pointed a finger at the devil's neck, which had a chain connected to a birdcage holding a speckled cat in it. The Bat Devil only chuckled evilly.