Part 24: Cheesy

"YEAHEAAAH!!!" Deni yelled, jumping for joy. It was early morning, and he was in front of the Cinema Makima told him she'd meet him at.

"Oh, you're already here, Denji?" Denji whipped around to be met with Makima, dressed in a casual outfit and with her hair down.

"So pretty...!" Denji not so quietly said.

"When did you get here?" She asked.

"I couldn't sleep, so I got here at five in the morning." Denji said bluntly.

"Hm." Makima nodded.

"So... what exactly were you thinkin' of doing today...? This is kinda my first time hanging out with a woman before..." Denji asked with a nervous smile.

"Today we're going to watch a bunch of movies. From now until midnight." Makima said.

"Eh?" Denji asked.

"DAMMIT, POWER!!!" 

"THE POPPED CORN IS ALL MINE!!!"

Denji and Makima stared on as (Y/N) dragged Power out of the cinema as she flailed and squirmed in his grip. (Y/N) and Power were both dressed casually. Notably, Power wore a beanie to hide her horns, and (Y/N) wore a baggy sweater.

"You can't just order fifty bowls of popcorn, we have a budget here!!!" (Y/N) said, earning an angry hiss from Power.

"What are you two doing here?" Makima asked.

"Oh, uh..." (Y/N) reached into the sweater and pulled out four full blood bags. "Finished it." He smiled.

"Hm..." Makima looked at the bags. "Four bags... Roughly 2.4 liters. The estimates said she'd need at least 8 extracted..." Makima said. "Where did the other 5.6 liters go?" Makima asked.

...

...

...

"Guess your uh... guess your math was wrong..." (Y/N) lied through his teeth with a nervous chuckle, averting his gaze from her.

"Hm..." Makima stared at him, and he began to sweat profusely.

...

...

...

"Very well. I'll call it in and have someone pick it up." Makima said, pulling out her phone as (Y/N) internally wheezed a sigh of relief.

----------

The four sat side by side in the cinema, watching their first movie. Makima sat to the far left, followed by Denji, (Y/N), and Power to her right. Makima, Denji, and (Y/N) stared at the movie indifferently while Power was laughing her ass off, mouth full of popcorn. The movie was... impossible to describe. The current scene showed a shirtless man with an odd haircut fighting a crotchety old man with angel wings and a halo.

"Everyone's laughing... Is it really that funny...?" Denji thought to himself, hearing snickers all around him. "Makima and (Y/N) aren't laughing... man... Makima's so pretty..." He thought, shooting a sidelong glance at Makima.

"90's movies are fucking weird..." (Y/N) thought. He shot a glance at Power, who continued to laugh uproariously at the movie. "At least you're having fun..." (Y/N) smiled to himself.

-----------

"That one was kinda..." Denji trailed off. The four were sitting in a coffee shop next to the Cinema, taking a brief rest before the next movie on the list aired.

"Yeah, it wasn't very interesting. Though it did seem like they put a lot of money into the cinematography." Makima commented.

"Feels like a waste of money on my par-Power, your coffee's too hot, stop trying to drink it!" (Y/N) cut his criticism to hiss at Power, who ignored his words and immediately went to drink it.