Part 34: Setting Into Motion

"Okay, if you do that... And I do this... And we have him do that at the end..." 

...

...

...

"And then we have her do that... This might just work... But the main problem will be at the start, not sure how I'll be able to keep up with..."

...

...

...

"Ooh, that's a good idea! We'll finally get to use that ability too."

...

...

...

"But how are we going to-"

"Are you done chatting with that pair of legs?" Reze asked. She stood, staring at (Y/N) as he talked to what appeared to be a severed pair of his legs as it drew something into the floor of the infinite stomach.

"We're forming strategies." (Y/N) explained, before turning back to Legs. "So what about-"

Scribble, scribble scribble

"Oh, that's fucking brilliant!"

"Hellooo?" Reze broadcasted her voice. "I thought you said you wanted to train?" She asked.

"Alright, that should do." (Y/N) got up, saluting Legs as his consciousness departed the stomach, leaving to conduct his part of the plan. "So, what kind of training do you entail?" (Y/N) asked, taking a fighting pose.

"The fun kind." Reze took her own, smirking.

...

...

...

"You're gonna beat the shit out of me over and over again, aren't you?"

----------

Denji and Power leaned on a wooden guardrail, staring out towards a pond as they chewed on some onigiri. In the distance, a mother duck led a group of ducklings on a morning swim.

"Think it's okay to catch and eat those birds?" Denji asked. 

"If I were president, I would allow it..." Power said, taking another big bite of her onigiri.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Denji turned to (Y/N), who leaned his back on the guardrail not too far from them.

"Mhm?" 

"Why did you wake up this morning screaming 'please don't break my arm again' over and over again?" Denji asked.

"Don't worry about it..." (Y/N) muttered, shuddering.

"Hm." Denji nodded, going to take another bite of his snack before his finger slipped on the oily seaweed wrapping. "Whoops!" Denji exclaimed, barely missing it as the onigiri plopped onto the ground. "Aww..." Denji muttered, before picking it up off the ground and going for another bite.

"Unbelievable... Don't eat food that's touched the ground!" A devil hunter donning glasses and slicked-back blonde hair said, grabbing Denji's wrist before he could take a bite. "The ground has millions of bacteria invisible to the naked eye. Some bacteria could cause food poisoning for all you know!" He said. "It's unsafe, give it here. I'll throw it away."

"Hey man, I bought this rice ball! It's mine to do whatever I please with it!" Denji retorted.

"Humans are so quick to steal... such shameful creatures..." Power commented.