Part 10: Disappointment

"Oh man..." (Y/N) woke up in his human form, sitting up in a hospital bed. He sighed, stretching. To his side, he saw a similar bed next to him. Denji layed on it, chewing an apple slice.

"Mornin', (Y/N)." Denji waved to (Y/N) and tossed him an apple slice.

"Anything happen while I was out?" (Y/N) asked while chewing on his slice.

"You just missed Topknot. He asked me questions about what happened yesterday." Denji muttered as (Y/N) choked on his apple.

"What'd you tell him!? Is Power in trouble!?" (Y/N) threw the blanket off of himself.

"Huh? No." Denji swallowed his apple and (Y/N) stopped, calming at that answer. "I just told him Power led us to the Bat Devil, and that we fought it and the Leech Devil." Denji explained. "Also, did you know that Aki has a contract with the Fox Devil? He fed all the skin on his forearm to the thing!" Denji chuckled.

"...Alright..." (Y/N) let out a shuddering exhale.

"What're you so afraid about?" Denji asked.

"...Nothing." (Y/N) sighed and laid back down.

"In the original story, they knew Power was trying to kill Denji. But thanks to my interference no such evidence exists. Which means she's not as on their radar as she was..." (Y/N) realized.

----------

After a bit more rest, they were discharged and allowed to go home with Aki.

"What the hell are we supposed to do now?' Denji asked, laying on the floor.

"We wait until we receive any new orders." Aki explained. He was wearing an apron and washing some chopped vegetables in a metal bowl. "If you want something to do, I'll give you some chores." Aki threatened.

"Hell no!!!" Denji yelled.

"So, how long do you want me to keep cooking air?" (Y/N) asked, he stirred a big pot of nothing as the oil he added to the pan simmered.

"I just said to put the oil in the pan and turn on the heat." Aki said, shaking the vegies of any loose water droplets. 

BANG BANG BANG!!!

Three powerful knocks emanated from the entrance.

"Huh? That a devil?" Denji crawled on all fours and Aki carried the bowl of veggies as they both peered into the hall, towards the front door. (Y/N) continued to stir the air, smiling to himself.

CRUNK!!!

The two flinched as a force busted the door open, destroying both the lock and the doorknob.

"Woooow... What a small abode." Power strutted into the apartment, carrying two bags and rolling a large suitcase behind her. Meowy sat on her shoulder, licking his paw. Denji had a look of surprise, Aki had a look of utter shock. 

---------

"I've decided to send Power to live with you three. I have faith you'll keep a tight leash on those two." Makima cut (Y/N) out of the troublemakers, knowing he was less chaotic. She was answering a call from Aki.

"That's not the-okay well that's also a problem- but the big one is that I don't have enough room for each of us, Ms. Makima!" Aki said into the phone, exasperated.

"Tell someone to share with her." Makima gave him a 'simple' solution.

"Listen, I can't handle three freaks at once-"

"I have faith in you, Aki." 

Aki froze as the tone of her voice deepened, cranking its seductive factor up to one million.