Part 33: Locked Down

...

...

...

"Hey."

...

...

...

"Hey."

...

...

...

"Get up."

...

...

...

"Reze."

Reze slowly opened her eyes to be met with the face of (Y/N).

"That's good, you're not all chewed up-"

BASH!!!

"ARGH!!!" (Y/N) cried out as Reze blasted a fist into his nose, sending him falling backwards.

"WHERE AM I!?" Reze yelled. She looked around frantically to find herself in some sort of grey void. An endless plane that stretched across an infinite horizon. "What..." Reze muttered, looking to and fro, trying to get a grasp of this impossible place.

"Okay, don't freak out..." (Y/N) muttered, clutching his bleeding nose. "But I ate you." (Y/N) explained.

"What!?" Reze gasped, before she let out a cry of pain, clutching her head as the memories of what he did to her flooded back. "What the hell are you!?" She yelled. "What did you do to me!?"

"Chill!" (Y/N) yelled, like he didn't just devour her corpse. "Okay, so in summary, this place is kinda like my stomach, I can store items, people, and devils here. I placed you here so Makima couldn't get to you." (Y/N) said.

"How the hell did you...?" Reze was beyond confused.

"It doesn't matter how. I..." (Y/N) trailed off, trying to think of what to say. "I want to save my friends from whatever plan Makima's got cooking, that's all you need to know." (Y/N) said.

"So what, am I one of your 'friends'?" Reze hissed at him.

...

...

...

"If you aren't, then why didn't you take that train?" (Y/N) asked. Reze froze before glaring at him.

...

"What's in it for me?" Reze asked, still glaring at him.

"Well, for one..." (Y/N) began. "Makima doesn't kill you." He said. "And for two..."

"You haven't ever actually gone to school, have you?" (Y/N) asked.

"What-" Reze was caught off guard by the question.

"The Soviet hybrid with military training and one of the most dangerous devils inside of them doesn't seem like the type of kid who had the time to attend school." (Y/N) said. "I can't promise you this, but if you help me..."

"I'll fight for a life where we can all go to school. A life where you, Denji, and all of us can be free." (Y/N) said, looking her dead in the eye.

...

...

...

"What do you want?" Reze lowered her raised fists and stared at him.

"Cool! Alright, as of now, I just need you to sit tight, but I'm gonna need your help fighting something later." (Y/N) said. "Oh, and I need you to help teach me martial arts." (Y/N) added with a chuckle.