Part 19: Raid

"I thank you for your help while everything was so hectic." Makima said, taking a sip of her tea. She was currently drinking tea with Kishibe, who sat across from her. "I hope you will continue to take good care of those three." She said, referencing Denji, (Y/N), and Power.

"I'm starting to get sick of it." Kishibe said bluntly. "When a dog I raised dies, I just end up drinking even more. With toys, I thought I wouldn't feel bad if they got broken..." Kishibe muttered. "I'm so old that I'm getting attached to toys." He said dryly.

"Then what did you want to talk about?" Makima asked.

"The attack on the special division... The Bureau isn't stupid. They just overlooked it because it's you." Kishibe said.

"I was attacked too you know. We were quite lucky that we were warned." Makima said.

"...Whatever inhuman purpose or power you try to serve, and nearly getting my pet killed, I'll overlook that as long as you are still an ally of humanity." Kishibe saw through her attempts at bluntness. "As long as that is." He finished.

"I simply want to save as many people as possible from devils. If the operation succeeds, then the 4th will be officially recognized, and it will be much easier for the 4th to work, and make saving more people possible." Makima said.

...

...

...

"Liar." Kishibe said bluntly, pointing an accusatory finger at her.

Makima only stared at him.

And smirked.

----------

Aki sat in silence, being driven back to the Bureau headquarters by the Kyoto devil hunters.

"I'm sure we won't meet again, so mind answering a question?" The male Kyoto hunter asked.

"Go for it." Aki said, staring out the window and into the distance.

"I heard you were after The Gun. Do you really think you can kill it?" He asked. "I mean, you got diced by that Katana fucker, who couldn't even kill one person. What makes you think you can take the devil that's killed millions?" He chuckled. "Honestly, when I see you, I get annoyed. You're so weak and yet you walk around this manga hero-esque goal. It's so cheesy it gives me goosebumps. See, goosebumps!" He rolled up one of his sleeves, revealing zero goosebumps.

"No you don't, dumbass." The female Kyoto hunter muttered.

"I know."

The two paused at that answer.

"I know how stupid my goal is. I know how impossible it sounds. I've known how preposterous this goal was ever since I started hunting devils. But that's not going to stop me from trying. Without this goal... I don't know where I'd end up." Aki explained, gazing into the distance. "Besides a few things..." Aki trailed off, images of Himeno, Makima, and the three idiots flashing in his mind. "...This goal is all that I have left." He sighed.

"So quit complaining about everything with me. You can just shut up and watch." Aki said, as the car pulled up to the Bureau.

...

...

...

"See? This is what I mean! He's a walking manga character!" The male Kyoto hunter laughed.

"Tch... Whatever." Aki said as he opened the door. "Thank you for the guidance." Aki bowed, before closing the door and turning to enter the building. He was surprised as a soda can was thrown at him, turning and catching it before it could hit him.