9

☕︎𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧☕︎

few months later

I'm sitting in my car down the street from our house deep in thought. I don't want to go home to Mauve. I know she'll take me out of my headspace with her cuteness. That's the problem she makes me calmer and right now I don't want to be calm. It's not long before my phone starts ringing. I pick it up and it's my love. I press accept and she says Gray? her voice soft and sweet. I say love she says where are you? I say I'm close baby she says I miss you I say you do? She says yes I say I miss you too love. She says then come home I start my car and I say I'm coming love. She says okay and we hang up. I drive the rest of the way home and I park in the driveway. I turn my car off and I get out and go in. She runs to me and I pick her up and hold her. She holds onto me and I close the door and lock it. I sit on the sofa with her in my lap and I kiss her cheek. She's looking at me with this expression I've never seen before. She says I love you Gray it catches me by surprise. She's genuine when she says it I say Mauve. She looks down and she says I'm sorry I make her look at me and I say sorry for what love? She says that's not something I should tell you. I say why do you say that? She says your not exactly the touchy Feely type. Even thought your sweet and affectionate toward me. I know that your not like that with everyone else. I say then stop making me soft. She says you need softening your so imtimidating. I say that's a good thing no? She says kind of and she stands and she holds her hand out to me. I take her hand and I stand and I let her lead me to the kitchen. She says I got you something I say like what? She puts this giant cupcake on the counter and I find it cute. She says Do you like it? I say I love it thank you love she gets so happy. She gives me a fork and I take a bite and it's pretty good. I say where'd you get it? She says this bakery down the street.

A couple days later

I'm sitting in the living room when I hear a knock. I stand and I go to the door and I open it. It's an older couple the man says hello we're looking for Mauve. I don't know how to feel about the whole thing. I say Who are you exactly? He says that's not really important we just want our niece back. That's when it all clicks and I'm ready to shoot them. That's when I feel her tug on my shirt. I'm blocking her way I say go upstairs love. She listens and I say if you step foot on my property again I will shoot you. He says is that a threat? I say it's a guaranteed promise. He says It's funny that you think you can save her. We'll get her back and they leave. I close and lock the door and I go upstairs. She's in our bed laying on her stomach reading a book. I sit beside her and I say I'm going to send you away for a little bit love.