16

❀𝓜𝓪𝓾𝓿𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷❀

I'm sitting in the garden on a blanket reading a book eating freshly cut fruit that Gray cut up for me. He's always insistent about me getting fresh air and not being Isolated. Meaning he doesn't just want me in the house all day every day alone reading books. After awhile I get tired and I go in the house. I put everything away and I hear a knock. I go to the door and it's a blonde haired girl with green eyes. She says hi I'm looking for Gray. I say what do you want with Gray? She says relax we're just siblings I'm his sister. I say he's uh not here right now. You could wait I guess she smiles at me and I let her in. I close the door and she says so your the wife everyone's been hearing about? I say I'm his wife but I didn't think people were talking about it. She says he's the Don people are always talking. I say Would you like something to drink? She says sure what do you have? I start listing things and she says a beer is fine. It catches me by surprise but I still get it for her. She thanks me and she says your really sweet I don't see how he got so lucky of all people. He's not exactly the sweet and sensitive type. How'd you meet? I can't help but smile at the memory. I say I uh bumped into him on accident. She looks at me like I'm insane I say what? She says he's a force I'm surprised your still with us. I say obviously you know some things that I don't. You know his background and the things he's done. You know him as a gangster or a murderer. But I like to know him as a person. Not for what does or has done. She says that's sweet of you to think. You don't know what your dealing with. Your too good for him that's when the door opens. He walks in and he looks at her with this irritated expression. He says why are you here Grace? She says I can't come see my little brother? He says unannounced No, I'm not prepared to deal with you. That's why I ask for a week's notice. She says your wife's very pleasant he says I know that's why she's my wife. She smiles and she says I still can't understand why she chose you of all people. She's too sweet and innocent for you. She knows nothing of the things you've did or are doing. That's when he says Go upstairs love I say okay and I go upstairs and to our room. I walk over to the book shelf that Gray built for me and I pick a book to read. I walk over to the window and I open the curtains. I go to our bed and I lay across it and open my book. I turn to the first page and I start reading.