Chapter Two📿

Myci's POV
—————————

The next two classes were the same. Boring as fuck.

Thankfully there was only one more class of mine until the day was done and it was one I actually enjoyed. Acting class.

I had been in acting classes for as long as I could remember, but I didn't want to try for any movies or shows just yet. I wanted to go to a true acting school for that. Anyway I enter through the classroom door and inside the room was painted black. We called it the black box.

I walked to the chairs that were lined up ready for the students. I was one of the first few that arrived. "Hello, Ms. Morang." I called to the teacher, waiving to her. She sent me a smile and wave in return as I make it to my chair. Yes, we had assigned seats. Yes it was annoying. "Oh guys!" The teacher called to the few of us in the blackbox. We all looked to her, "We have a new student joining us." She told with a smile. She held a piece of paper and gave out the student's name.

"Jenna Ortega."

My eyed widen. No way. No way in hell.

This is gonna be so awkward!

Just as if on cue, I look up and see Jenna walking into the blackbox. "There she is!" Ms. Morang said proudly while walking to Jenna and giving her a side hug,

Ms. Mortang was very expressive through touch. Nothing inappropriate but it was sometimes upsetting. "Hi." Jenna said with a small smile as she huddles into the hug. "How are you sweetheart?" She asked while walking Jenna towards the 'benches.' They were walking directly towards me.

Oh fuck.

"I'm okay." Jenna replied, her voice soft. It was just so... I don't know there was something about her voice I couldn't get enough of. "That's good." said Ms. Mortang as she looked to the seating arrangement in her hands. "You're next to Myci Evans."

WHAT?

As soon as my name left the teacher's mouth I froze. I could feel the heat from the blackbox piercing through my clothing and causing a light layer of sweat to form. I swallowed and watched Ms. Mortang point to me. I quickly look down to my binder, acting as if I was writing something in my notes. I didn't want to meet Jenna's gaze.

Nothing else was said. Jenna walked forward and sat down next to me. I watched through my peripheral vision, seeing Jenna put down her bag and pull out a pencil and paper. She sat with her legs crossed. She seemed efficient in whatever she did. "Shoot." I heard from the girl beside me and I look up to Jenna who was rampaging in her bag. Maybe... Maybe I should try to talk to her. There's no way I'd be able to just ignore her everyday. I turned to her and asked, "You okay?"

Jenna stopped her movements and faced me. Her face seemed a bit frantic. "Are you okay?" I asked. "I just- I can't find my bracelet." She told, "I think it fell off earlier.." A subtle hint. I winced and looked forward. "I-I'm sure we could ask Ms. Morang to go find it." I said, not wanting to look at the girl next to me.

I stood up and quickly sat my stuff down and then looked to Jenna. "Come on," I say to her, oddly stretching my hand out to her. Jenna looked to my hand, confused. Quickly I tear my hand away. "Sorry.." Jenna gave a soft laugh before she got up and walked over to Ms. Morang with me.

"Ms. Morang?" Jenna asked.

The teacher looked up to the both of us. "Yes?" asked Ms. Morang, "Do you think we could go out and find my bracelet?" She asked quietly, "I think it's in the cafeteria... and I don't really know my way around just yet." She pouted, a clear performance to try and get the sympathy vote from the drama teacher. Ms. Morang looked between the two of us once again. "Yeah sure, just hurry back." She told us. Jenna looked to me with a grin before her hand slid down and gripped mine.