Chapter Nine🎤

Myci's POV
——————————

Jenna and I sat back in the auditorium, quietly. We listened as Mr. Morang called up each student.

Most of them auditioned in front of everyone while some in private and soon it came down to my turn. "Myci Evans!" I gave Jenna a smile, "Wish me luck." Jenna grinned and blew a kiss from her hand. I grabbed the script and quickly made my way up to the stage where I asked to audition privately.

I didn't want to mess up somehow and have the rest of the class laugh or comment about it.

Ms. Morang agreed and we went behind the stage curtains where she sat down in a chair with me standing in front of her.

I looked down to the script in my hands and quickly skimmed over the few parts that actually interested me. I didn't want to be one of the leading roles because it had to do with a love-triangle and there was only one female part.

Not gonna happen.

"I'd like to try out, Haris and Paris."

Ms. Morang nodded and signaled for me to start.

I did the same and began to act our whatever the script ordered.

(I'm skipping this bc i'm lazy. Sue me)

"That was rather impressive, Myci." Ms. Morang told with a smile. "I've always loved seeing your acting skills. I'll promise you one of these roles, okay?" With excitement brewing I nodded giddily and ran up to her. Ms. Morang and I shared kind of a family bond. I gave her a hug and we both exit from behind the stage.

I walked down the stair and made my way back to where Jenna sat. I could see her typing away on her phone. "Hye-" I whispered once close enough. It brung her gaze up to me and an instant smile appeared on the latina's face. "How'd it go?!" She asked, grabbing my forearm as I sat down next to her. With a quiet squeal, "Morang said she'd promise me a part." I told.

Jenna's face lit up. "Which one did you try out for?"

"Haris and Paris." Jenna grinned and engulfed me into a hug. "I was reading some of those lines myself and I think you could really pull them off." commented Jenna who leaned back in her chair. I laughed before asking her which role she wanted.

"I want Kate."

The leading role + stuck in the love-triangle.

"Really?" I asked. My mood was slightly ruined but it was nothing. Jenna nodded proudly. "Though- I must say I hate the fucking love-triangle shit." She cursed. It surprised me because... I didn't hear Jenna curse much.

"Jenna Ortega!" We heard Ms. Morang call. Jenna sent me a look, winking to me before she stood from her seat and made her way towards the stage. I watched closely as Jenna walked up and stood prideful in front of everyone. She was incredibly confident. It was something to really envy.

Ms. Morang did the same as with me, asking Jenna who she wanted to audition for. Jenna replied with what she had told me moments before.

Then the acting began.

"I'm sorry, Kate." Ms. Morang started, playing the few parts needed for Jenna to get into character. "You don't understand!" Jenna quickly butted in, her voice was wavering as she spoke, clearly upset. I could see her glance down to her paper every once and awhile.