Email [Wednesday x Male Reader]

"No, Wednesday." Y/N sighs. Sat beside her on her bed, he was trying- really trying to teach her how to send an email.

"If you want to keep your tongue, I suggest you don't shout at me." Wednesday responded, a slight hint of annoyance showing through her usual monotone voice. She held her phone in one hand while she pointed with her index finger, using it to press each button that Y/N pointed out. The sight almost reminded him of his grandma and how she would type out messages.

Despite being fully aware of the option of sending a text message, she refused to do so, claiming that a text message was far too informal and if she had to use her phone, a professional email seemed to be the best way to do it. Who she wanted to email was completely unknown to Y/N.

He let a small sigh escape his lips. "I'm not shouting at you." He assured calmly. "Lets start over." He then suggested. In the relatively short period that Y/N and Wednesday had been 'friends', he had never known her to get as frustrated with anything as she did with technology. "Press the Compose button." Y/N instructed, watching over her shoulder. She did as he had said, pressing the compose button. "Good, well done-"

"Cut the sarcasm."

He pursed his lips.

"Okay, what now?" Wednesday asked. Her finger was poised at the ready, much like a fencing sabre.

"Put the... person's email in where it says To."

Wednesday turned her shoulder to shield
Y/N's view of her screen. He gave a short huff before looking ahead, noticing Thing sat on Wednesday's desk.

"Okay what now?" She asks, quickly shuffling on her bed so that she is facing Y/N with her legs up on the bed.

He turns his attention back to Wednesday. "You give the email a subject." He answered, before giving a quiet yawn. They had been at this whole email thing for perhaps the last ten minutes. "Have you done that?" He asks.

Wednesday lifts her eyes from the screen to look at Y/N. Her eyes dead blank and void of any emotion other than annoyance. "Don't be so patronising." She snapped, although quietly. The stare alone was enough to make him purse his lips tight to prevent any form of retort. "Yes, I have done that. Now what?"

"You put whatever you want to say in the big empty section." He answered quietly. He flopped backwards so he lay across her bed and let his eyes close for just a few moments. A few moments turned into minutes. And those minutes grew as the mundane tones that the phone produced each time Wednesday pressed a key became the only sound to fill the silence.

"I have written what I wish to say. Do I press the send button?" She asks after the tippy tappy notes ceased. It sounded as if she had written a whole chapter in that email.

"Yep, the paper airplane thingy." He confirmed.

"Alright." She replied. One final tone came from the phone. Y/N opened his eyes as he turned his head to look at her. She had a nervous expression on her face. One he certainly hadn't seen before.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, sitting up once more. She only responded with a nod. He looked over to Thing who also offered no real answer to Wednesday's current demeanor. There was once more a silence, but it lasted no longer than a second as his phone vibrated in his pocket. Thinking nothing of it, he pulled his phone into his hand and unlocked it. Looking at his notifications, he found he had received an email and upon further inspection, he discovered he had received said email from one Wednesday Addams. His brow raised in curiosity as he clicked on the notification pop-up. It brought to the full email where he read the subject. "A proposition." He muttered to himself. He scrolled down a little and began reading.

'Dearest Y/N
We have not known one another for very long, have we? And yet you find it easy to come on late night walks with me. We haven't known one another for very long but you find it easy to sit on my bed. We have not known one another for very long and yet you find it easy to be around me.

I do not find it easy to walk with you, to sit with you or to even be around you...'

"Ouch-" Y/N spoke plainly. "If you want to get rid of me then you could have been nice about it."

"Carry on reading." Wednesday insisted, ignoring his comment. "Please."

He huffed and nodded. "Fine." He continued reading as she asked.

'...I am sorry if this offends you, but it is the truth. My dead hands sweat whenever I walk with you. My sharp tongue grows significantly more dull whenever I talk to you. Most importantly my cold, slow-beating heart burns from the fact it beats unnaturally quick against my ribs whenever I see you.

I truly should hate all of these things, and yet, I find I can't pursuade myself that you are bad. Perhaps you are driving me mad? Of all the people I have met, you have caused me the most confusion. You are a mystery that I can not solve.

This is why I have come to the conclusion that I must grow closer to you, to understand what it is you are doing to me. Normally, when a creature confuses me, I would chain them up and open up their skulls to see what is going on, but you are far too unique to undergo that procedure.

Instead, I propose that I take you as my significant other, at least until I solve you. What do you say?

Sincerely, Wednesday.'

It took Y/N a while to understand the purpose of the email. He turned of his phone and set it down on her bed before looking at her.

She opened her mouth and for a moment, she falters. "I believe I am far better at expressing myself and my limited emotions through letters rather than the spoken word-"

"Are you asking me out?" Y/N questioned, a quizzical disposition on his face as he watched her. She still seemed nervous. Her face as pale as ever. He stared into her dead eyes and she glared back.

She hesitated, "Yes." Was all she said.

A small smirk played on his lips. "Wow." He breathed. "But did you have to be so harsh about asking?"

"Yes." She simply spoke once more.

"Will you always be this... Stiff?" He asked, narrowing his eyes on her.

Once more, she kept her response brief. "No."

"Y'know... I wanted to ask you out myself... I just wasn't sure if you felt the same way." Y/N was almost certain he caught a glimpse of her rare smile. "Can I kiss you?"

"Take your chances and see what happens." She threatened.

He liked his chances. He leant over and placed his hand beneath her jaw. His eyes flickered between her eyes and lips. She wasn't stopping him. He leant in further, letting their lips brush. In the slight contact, he got a feel of how strikingly cold her soft lips were. It was intoxicating. He couldn't resist any longer.

Their lips met fully. There was no hesitation from either of them. His free hand rested on her lower thigh while one of her hands moved to loop around his neck. They went on for a while before he pulled away. She seemed reluctant to let him get away but she gave up.

"That was gross." She whispered. Her eyes remained closed.

Y/N frowned a small bit and rolled his eyes.

Her eyes flickered open. "Do it again." She demanded with a smile.