Sleep [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Wednesday rolled over in Y/N's bed, folding the pillow her head rested on over her ears as she lay on her side. "Please for the love of all things unholy- just come to bed already." She complained- fighting for him to hear her voice over the racket playing through his Bluetooth speaker.

"Sleep is for the weak!" Y/N roared, pumping his fist in time with the bassy song he had put on. He was lucky he didn't have a roommate- Wednesday wasn't sure if many people would be able to put up with his incessant, over-reactive behaviour that was thanks to his vampiric nature. Wednesday however was not a vampire and very much needed sleep. She sure as hell knew that she herself could hardly keep up with him, but that was one of the reasons she adored him so much- his high-octane, unrelenting energy levels that always tripped him up sooner or later- Wednesday found it very amusing. He jumped onto his desk chair and started strumming on his non-existent guitar was his mouth made the sounds of the riff. He then went on and jumped off of the chair and onto the floor. "Come on, Nes'." He urged, moving to his bed and yanking the burgundy blankets off of her cold shoulders- wrapping it around his own like a cape.

Wednesday let out an audible groan of frustration at being exposed to the brisk air outside of her cocoon of warm blankets- despite her very heart being frozen, she didn't much like the cold. She drew her legs up and wrapped her arms around them, lying in the foetus position as to retain some semblance of comfort. Y/N did not stop in his pursuit to get Wednesday to liven up. He hooked one arm around her waist and the other nestled in the hinges of her knees before he picked her up with ease- spinning her around in his arms. After a moment or two he stopped, a large grin on his lips. He looked down at the small figure in his arms and noticed her very unimpressed expression. His grin faded as he huffed- although his hips still swayed to the upbeat rhythm. "Fine..." He grumbled as he set her back down on his bed- the smooth blanket falling beside her.

"Thank you- now come and lay down with me before I carve a pit into your chest with that imaginary guitar of yours." Wednesday insisted, lay on her back and looking up at Y/N who now stood over her.

Seeing her tired eyes, Y/N caved in- solemnly nodding his head as he turned his back to her. Reaching out an arm, he turned his speaker off and reached for the hem of his hoodie, pulling it up and over his head before he dropped it at the foot of his bed. He found that as he stood over his lover again, she lay with open arms. How could he resist her treacherous temptation? Kneeling down with one knee on the mattress, he held himself over her before he lowered himself on top of her.

Just like a Venus flytrap, Wednesday closed herself- and his silky blankets around her prey, her arms wrapping tight around his much larger frame. She felt a warm sensation grow around her chest- possibly her harsh, cold heart was thawing out. Or more likely it was Y/N settling his head down just below her shoulder.

He listened carefully. Much like the rhythmic beat if the music he had been listening, Wednesday's heart brought pleasure to his ears. The slow thumps of her heart beat always amused him. While he himself did have a heart- it didn't beat like hers. Since his latest birthday, his heart had been beating slower and slower.

Her heartbeat also filled him with dread- he knew that she wouldn't age the same way he would. As is the curse of all vampires- they will almost always outlive their significant other. The thought of it made him feel sick.

"Stop over thinking, estimado." Wednesday spoke up after a minute or two of engulfing silence. She knew him too well. Y/N had asked her just a week or so ago if she'd like to be like him- immortal. Wednesday knew the catch though. Every vampire was capable of turning one- and only one person. It was a lot of pressure on her- what if they were just in a honeymoon phase and in a few more months time they were at eachother's necks- with no pun even in contention? Then she would have ruined any chance if Y/N living a happy eternal life with a wife that loved him. Not to mention- she would outlive everyone she knew. Her family- friends, enemies. It was all so... Daunting. Perhaps she needed to stop overthinking too.

"Sorry." Y/N muttered as he buried his face into the fabric of her vest.

She moved a hand to the back of his head, her fingers tangling with the tousles of hair. "Don't apologise." She scolded again- though there was softness and warmth in her voice.

A smirk came to his lips. "Sorry." He spoke once again. He felt firm contact at the back of his head as he was met with a firm slap. He lifted his head and beamed a grin up at her. He lips soon met the skin of her collarbone where he placed a gentle kiss.

"Y/N..." She murmured. She moved a finger to hook under his chin in the attempts to draw away the affection but to no success. She bit down on her lip as his kisses moved across her shoulder and up the side of her neck. His hands, morbidly cold slid under her top and rested on the hooks of her hips.  Her cheeks grew red and hot while her breathing hitched before she let out a gasp.. Again, the placement of his kisses moved with gentle pecks being placed along her jawline up until her chin. Changing direction again, he began kissing up to her lips. She kissed back as her hands slid up his back. They broke apart for mere seconds. His hands also moved- adventuring further up as each of his fingers inched over each bump of her now rapidly shifting ribs before she locked lips with him again.

Wednesday could see it in his eyes- feral desire. For her. Only her. It made her feel powerful- strong, in control. She liked it. A smirk came to his lips as his head bevelled, acknowledging her new demeanour. A smirk of his own grew and Wednesday caught glimpse of his fangs, glimmering for a second beneath the dim light.

There was a knock at the door. Like a flick of a switch, the devilish look in Y/N's eyes vanished as his cheeks grew red. He cleared his throat as he slid his hands awkwardly out from beneath Wednesday's top before he clambered off her and the bed. He headed for the door, grabbing his hoodie off of the floor and pulling it over his head before straightening out the fabric so it was at least somewhat presentable.

His hand gripped the greening copper handle and he opened the door. He looked down to see Enid. "Ah, Sinclair." He announced with a smile. "So nice of you to drop buy." Like a predator watching its prey, Wednesday appeared beside Y/N, gripping onto his arm. Unknowing of her presence, he jumped before clearing his throat.

Enid furrowed her brows, taking in the bright complexion that was certainly odd for the both of them. "Are the two of you okay...?" She asked as her head coked to the side, gaging a better angle of Wednesday's reddened cheeks. Enid's eyes grew wide. "Ohmygod! I interrupted something- didn't I?" She shrieked as her jaw dropped.

Wednesday opened her mouth to speak. "Yes." She uttered bluntly.

Y/N on the other hand spoke at the same time as her, laughing as he did so. "No!"

The duo looked over at each other and grimaced.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

slowly working through the backlog....