Bad Luck [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Superstition is a powerful thing- as are curses. As someone who seems to be an animated meat sack of both bad luck and danger, Y/N believed in curses and was extremely superstitious. It appeared that whoever got too close to him, would come within an inch of their life or worse.

When he was born, his mother held him with love in her eyes- until a dodgy light fixture in the ceiling exploded due to an electric overload, glass shattered everywhere, especially in his mother's jugular. Y/N was fine though. A few weeks later, his father drove him to the ER with a bad case of a common cold- on the way there a faulty telephone pole blew over in the wind, crushing the driver's side of the car, and his father. He stood no chance. Y/N made a full recovery from his cold and shockingly sustained no injuries, not a single scratch. At the age of three, foster parent finally took Y/N and his older sister in after many grew superstitious of the boy, however the family wasn't a happy one for more than a few days as the house seemingly combusted into furious flames and with no apparent cause- taking the lives of his foster parents and nearly killing his sister- who after the number of tragic events, soon refused to even be in a one hundred metre radius of her own brother, believing he had been cursed. Though, as the theme followed, Y/N was in perfect condition- not one hair singed, no smoke in his lungs. Life became a forsaken longing for Y/N as anyone who even knew about him, feared to utter his name- in terror that they might be his next victim.

From what Y/N had managed to learn about his family- his original family, they were normal people with normal jobs. They were not psychic beings or vampires or any other type of creature, but just normal human beings who had the misfortune of making a terribly tragic and unlucky child.

It wasn't until he reached the age of 16 that Nevermore Academy took an interest in him- though a cautious one at that. They believed he had a special talent- a dark talent, but a special one. Those who had seen his continuous records of chaos and death believed he had the odd psychic ability of controlling the odds of a situation- although apparently only in a negative light. However, that did leave an gaping question as to how he gained such abilities if his mother and father were just regular people- although, there were rumors that his mother was something of a... harlot.

During his first days in Nevermore, his roommate was driven to insanity and tried to throw himself out of their third storey window. Many of those who he went to classes with were attacked by wild spores and falling ceiling tiles. The days grew into weeks, and weeks into months, Nevermore became a lonely place for Y/N, as once again the people around him grew distant. Everyone stayed away, apart from one small, raven haired student named Wednesday Addams.

Like everyone else, Wednesday had her fair share of near death experience around Y/N, from loose, poorly stored sabres nearly falling on her to very nearly being struck by lightning. But she wasn't to be deterred- besides, she had no interest in superstition or curses. She even made an effort to sit as close to him as she could to prove that he was not cursed with bad luck, but rather just misfortunate- after all, she hadn't died yet.

Wednesday would visit him in his now vacant dorm room, and just sit with him. She would record how many 'out of the ordinary' things would happen in the time they spent together, before comparing the results to the day before. Much to Wednesday's surprised, the results seemed to be becoming more severe- and got more severe the closer she got to him. It was exhilarating.

"Why won't you just leave me alone? Your only going to get hurt." Y/N asked tiredly as he shuffled his desk chair away from his bed where Wednesday sat. Wednesday had just rested her arm in her lap and snapped her pen in two. the plastic scrapped up her forearm. Y/N noticed she didn't even flinch.

"Your loneliness is pitiful, Y/N. It's hard- even for me to endure." She answered coldly, wiping her thumb across the small, light cut that ran up her left forearm. She looked at her pen which had seemingly snapped, the two ends appearing very sharp and lightly littered with blood. She then moved her eyes to thumb which was now also coated in warm, crimson blood. She stuck her thumb in her mouth and it came back out clean. Y/N grimaced. "You also make for very interesting entertainment." She added, not bothering to consider the effect her words might have.