Blueberry Skies [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Y/N had a good grasp of the kind of person Wednesday Addams was. Her personality, her habits, her feelings- her likes and dislikes. Y/N had an idea on why she chose the things that defined her. Of course he did- what kind of boyfriend would be if he didn't understand her?

He looked down at her- curled up tight in his form, and buried under a number of thick brushed blankets. She looked peaceful, in his arms. In fact- it was about the only time she ever looked relaxed- the only time she could let all of the muscles in her face relax. The only time she could slip out of the intimidating black dresses and boots. The only time she could be herself.

Y/N knew she was an overthinker. He walked into this relationship knowing full well that it wouldn't be straightforward- Wednesday's mind was like a hungry machine that fed on repressive thoughts that could only be beat with trust. It's what made her relax around Y/N. She trusted him. It's what made her so needy.

She would spend every moment of the day curled up in his side if that were an option- and of course, he would love to let her do so. He knew the neediness wasn't simply neediness- it was fear. Fear of being judged- fear of not belonging- fear of failing- fear of being alone. Fear of loosing Y/N.

Y/N was aware that no one was more tired of her over-reactive mind than herself. She lived and struggled with it everyday- and did it with a brave face and a strong heart mind you. She lived every day wishing she could live a life without dozen of hypotheticals invalidating each waking moment. But she can't. That's why Wednesday valued Y/N so highly- something about him let her feel trust and warmth. And just for a while she could stop thinking.

It's sometimes hard to see, but there is beauty in her over-thinking. Those people who are most afraid are also those who love the most. It's because he is dating an over-thinker that Y/N appreciates Wednesday so much. It's why he's always there for her. It's why he tells her, "I'm not going anywhere."

He knows, even now, she is still learning to trust. Learning to let go of her fear because the last person she thought she loved manipulated her and she took it hard. She was fighting a battle against her own mind- but day by day, she was slowly winning.

Wednesday stirred and turned over within his arms- slowly nuzzling her face into his chest before releasing a long awaited sigh of content after a long day. Y/N could feel her nose press up against his body, causing him to grin a little. "Evening, beautiful..." He murmurs before planting a firm kiss on the crown of her head.

"Evening...?" She whispers- her voice not entirely audible after just waking up. She pulls her head up from its place and looks up at Y/N. Where others would find a cold gaze, Y/N has the honour to see her looking up at her with a soft warmth- with so much adoration and in turn, love. "How long was I asleep for...?" Her voice croaks slightly before she clears it with a small cough.

Y/N lifts an arm from around her before checking his watch. "Five hours, give or take." He answered quietly. It wasn't often she would sleep for so long- she would often ask him beforehand to wake her up if she slept for any longer than a couple of hours. But, she had complained about it being a rough day, so he figured she deserved to rest a little longer. He watched as her eyes grew wide at his answer- before they relaxed again, presumably because she decided it wasn't too big of a deal to get worked up over.

He felt her small hands grasp onto the sides of his shirt as she released a deep exhale. "And you just lay there the whole time?" She asked. Slowly, Wednesday's hands released the linen fabric of his white shirt as she planted her palms down on his bed so she could push herself into a seated position. Y/N merely responded with a small hum and a nod of his head before he sat up beside her- both of them leaning their backs against his headboard. "You should have woken me..." She muttered