Resfeber Pt. 2 [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Uh oh, another part two...
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A slightly flustered Wednesday and an utterly confused Y/N took a set of seats beside one another. While Wednesday took the seat closest to the window, Y/N sat to her right on the seat of the isle. The interior of the train was highly outdated- ripped fabrics on the seats, stains on the carpeted floor, flickering above head lights and a constant shaking as the train didn't seem to agree much to the tracks. There was also a distant humming of what might of been the air conditioning unit- not that it was working as the train was swelteringly warm.

She shifted her bag off of her shoulders and let it rest in her lap before she pulled the oversized gloves off of her hands. She folded them into one another before handing them over to their original owner. "Here. Thank you for letting me use them." She spoke quietly. There were few other passengers sat around besides one or two dotted towards the end of the coach or car they sat in.

After he took the scarf from around his neck, he took his gloves from her grasp. "Any time." Y/N responded with a slight grin. He placed the two items of insulation into his rucksack. Wednesday caught view of a heavy bruise on his neck, just visible besides the hood of his hoodie- her brows furrowed but she decided not to push on the matter. "So how come you wanted to come along?" He asked as he placed his bag between his feet.

"I am not quite sure- a hunch I suppose." Wednesday answered as she looked out of the window to her left, watching as the structures of the train station faded out of view. "Are you certain that your grandfather will be content with me staying for a short while?" She asked. She was a little anxious about the situation she found herself in- so many new people and possibilities. Wednesday was fully aware that she wasn't the easiest person to speak to, let alone get along with. But then again- she seemed to be doing pretty well with Y/N so far.

"Oh- my grandpa has been dead for a while now." Y/N responded. He slouched back in his seat as his head rested back. His hand reached deep into his pocket and he pulled out a key that hung loose off of a keychain. "I nabbed the keys before my parents threw me out." He explained- seemingly with a prideful smirk on his lips.

Wednesday raised a brow. She liked that he had taken the keys- it showed he was willing to do what he had to and she could relate to that. She wasn't past stealing if it came down to it. "Will your parents not notice the key is gone?" She asked as she watched him shove the key back into his pocket.

"Probably." He replied honestly with a firm nod of his head. He was almost certain that they would notice sooner or later- but then again, it wasn't like they had visited the shack for a long while, he doubted anything would change in that sense. "They might have kicked me out but I'm still their son- it was only up until a few days ago that things started to change between us... so I guess- I hope they loved me enough to not let me squat there." He added.

"You have a lot riding on possibly and maybe." Wednesday commented. He had no concrete plan, but she couldn't blame him- at least when her parents shut her out to Nevermore, she was provided some form of shelter- and she knew if things became desperate they would let her back home.

"Your right, I do- but I have a feeling everything will turn out alright." Y/N responded, his voice audibly calm and assured. Wednesday envied his positivity- perhaps through her metaphorical dark lens she couldn't see things turning out as well as he did. On the other hand, she had been wrong many times before.

A silence settled between them and it was a lasting affect as for hours on end, neither of them spoke- mostly due to the fact Y/N had fallen asleep around ten minuets after their conversation. At first, Wednesday didn't mind the quiet snores and soft breaths- but when he started to slough into her shoulder, she got a little annoyed. He was heavier than he looked and she considered waking him up although she didn't act on it, seeing as he looked as though he hadn't slept in quite a while.