Monomania [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Wednesday sat on a felled tree- likely blown over by harsh winds, on the outskirts of the Nevermore grounds. It was peaceful there in the early evenings- often it was just her, Y/N and the birds, left to ponder their own devices, although sometimes quite cold- Y/N would often remind her to bring a coat, but she never would.

While Wednesday would lay in the crisp brown autumn leaves with a notebook and pen, Y/N would lay with her, head on her stomach whilst listening to some music through the earphones they shared.

Wednesday couldn't count on her hands the amount of classes the pair had missed to head to their quiet little spot- not that she wanted to count, she wouldn't miss out on their secret meetings for anything.

She already had one earbud in her small ear, listening to a song that Y/N had chosen so long ago. She hadn't stopped listening to that song since he had suggested it.

"You beat me here again." Y/N spoke out from behind Wednesday, appearing through the dense walls of tree trunks and shrubs.

Wednesday's head turned slightly to her right, her posture remaining perfect while she gazed over at him. Her heart ached with awe of her own attraction to him. "As per usual, mi amor." She murmured, unable to withhold the small pull at her lipstick toned lips. "What took you so long?" She pondered, her delicate hands caressing the creases of her skirt.

Even upon her arrival, his scent bossed the natural smells of the forest- something almost musky and sweet compared to that decomposing leaves below. His very aura shifted the atmosphere of the small forest- making the cold chills dissipate into a distant whistle between the creaking trees.

"I was busy causing chaos in that astute mind of yours." He teased, taking note of the ways she gazed over him. Y/N knew everything there was to know about Wednesday- he knew what heartstrings to pull to make her sing like the cello she played, how to peak her interests to the point she had no interest in writing, how to twist her thoughts and ideas and very beliefs. He knew the weight he held in her mind- how highly she thought of him, how occupied she was with his very presence. So much so that she would daydream about him all day long.

Y/N observed as he walked closer, her eyes stayed locked with his until he stood no more than a few inches before her. He reached a hand down to her cheek which he cupped in his palm. Wednesday lent her face into his warm touch, still her warm eyes locked with his own.

"I wrote another poem about you today." Wednesday hummed, letting her eyes flutter closed. Her lips reached to kiss the lower half of his palm. His skin was silk-smooth, much like her bed covers- like he had been conjured from spider silk and fly wings, his very touch was elegant.

Y/N hummed and nodded while he leaned down to kiss the messy raven's nest atop her head. "I know, Wends'. I was there when you started writing it, remember?" He asked, moving to sit down beside her on the splintered log, picking up the spare earbud and putting it into his ear. One of his slight hands moved down to settle next to her own, resting on her thigh where squeezed once before his thumb traced shapes.

Wednesday's mind seemed to lag behind as while she thought, completely unfazed by his touch as though she had expected it. Her eyes lit up once more. She grinned. "Oh, yes... So you were." She noted with a nod. She brushed shoulders with him while she pulled her bag into her lap. "Would you like me to read it to you?" She asked before rummaging through her bag for her notepad. She was eager- she had the passion to impress him.

He nodded and hummed once more. "Sure."

Wednesday's smile grew brighter, boardering deranged as she eagerly slipped through her countless scribed pages. She glanced up at her lover one more time before she set her eyes on her scribbled words. With a small clearing of her throat and a deep breath, she began speaking.

"I dream of you both day and night,
A boy who shines with inner light.
Your eyes, your smile, your gentle touch,
All things I love and crave so much.

I talk to you when no one's near,
And hold you close, in love and fear.
I know that you are just a dream,
But still I feel the way you gleem.

My friends all say 'she's lost her mind',
That love like this is hard to find.
But they don't know the truth inside,
That my love is just a clever guise.

For in my heart I knows it's true,
That this is not real, this boy I knew.
But still I love you just the same,
And whisper softly your name."

Wednesday sucked in a deep breath and lifted her head up to gaze over at her lover once more, only to find he had vanished from beside her. Her head searched like a lighthouse for where Y/N had vanished to this time, but her efforts showed futile as there was no sign of him even being there.

Her shoulders slumped and her perfect posture dissolved like a corpse in acid. Y/N had a habit of doing this- disappearing on her without warning. Of course, he would always apologize when they would meet again, but it still hurt her. The bags beneath her eyes grew heavy as tears pattered on to her poem- her inky words dissolving through the power of salty tears. She raised a stained sleeve to her eyes to wipe away the trails left behind by her tears.

Even when he wasn't around, Wednesday could feel him- like a song you can't help but play over and over in your mind. With shakey breaths, she closed her notepad and dropped it back into her bag.

She closed her weighty eyes and sat there. Soon after, the rain started falling. She gazed up as she watched the rain drops fall down- she found a beauty in the similarities between her sadness and the rain, like how it could mask the tears that still fell like streams down her cheeks.

Insanity was something Wednesday believed she was knowledgeable about. It was something of a commonality in her deranged family- and it was a moment Wednesday herself could not wait for, the sweet blissful release of lunacy.

The only issue with the state of psychosis is the lack of awareness to know when you have crossed the threshold.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Ugh.