University [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Wednesday wasn't quite sure how she managed to end up where she was- only a few months ago she was getting ready for her graduation from Nevermore. It had been an emotional day- not for her of course, Wednesday couldn't wait to rid herself of the childish manner in which she was treated as a student.

Higher education was always the aim- for the longest time she debated what course would best suit her- Forensic Science, Law and Pathology were some of her top picks. But she knew deep down that there was only one course she held close in her little black heart. Creative Writing.

She adored writing, so it only made sense for it to be the path she followed. Although, she did have some worries that she would be far ahead of her peers at University- she had been writing for years on end already so it would only be natural. But then again, she was still struggling to find a publisher willing to publish her novel.

Wednesday would never admit it, but she was incredibly nervous for her first day. New environments, new people and inevitably peers that she couldn't stand to be around. Her insides felt like they had been tied to the back of a car and dragged along the rough roads for hours on end.

Even the cold weather was getting to her as she walked to the campus from her accommodation- accommodation she had decided to rent privately, unsure if she could stomach another outing with a roommate. Her bag was heavy with supplies. Of course, she didn't carry her typewriter around- that would be totally inconvenient, but she did have a plethora of pens from a fountain pen to ball point to a dip pen. She even covered many bases for paper.

She was well aware that she could catch a bus to her campus but she refused to do so- she would rather cut her fingers off one by one than sit besides someone who unknowingly had their music on far too loud.

On a positive note, she was no longer bound to one location like she had been at Nevermore. The world was truly hers to explore and she was thoroughly enjoying the freedom that university life brought her.

Her quick stalking strides brought her to the double doors of the specified lecture hall. Her hands balled into fists as prepared herself mentally. She was half an hour early- a tactical decision so that she could get a good seat. She took one final deep breath before she pushed the door open.

Her brows furrowed as she looked around in disbelief- she had arrived early to avert her exact predicament. The lecture hall was packed. Her eyes scanned across the room in the search for a place to sit. The setting was much like that of a theatre- cascading seats leading down to an opening with a large lectern sat just of centre. There was also a whiteboard and a sizeable LED screen that wasn't currently turned on. Wednesday walked down the stairs down the middle of the circular hall, scanning left and right as she searched for a spot.

"There's a space here." A boy spoke as he pulled his bag off of the seat beside him. He shoved the placed the bag in the cramped space between his legs. He didn't seem to bother looking up to make eye contact with Wednesday as he spoke.

Wednesday looked down at him and took the space that had just opened up. Doing the same as the boy had done, she placed her bag between her legs but not before grabbing some of her paper and a pen, placing them down on the table. "Thanks." She responded.

The majority of the lecture hall was silent. It seemed everyone else was in a similar position to her- either everyone was too afraid to talk to those around them or simply had little interest in doing so. Although there were a few groups of chatting students, presumably those who already knew one another prior to the first lecture.

A while passed before there was any movement as the lecturer walked in through the doors at the base of the hall. A young woman with dark hair tied up in a top knot. She held a series of notebooks and novels in her arms which she set down on the table beside the lectern. "Morning class." She announced, her voice warm and heavy with a British accent- perhaps one from the west of the UK. The acoustics of the room were ideal- it did seem as though she needed to shout for her voice to carry all the way to the back row of seats.

A few students greeted her back, while others such as Wednesday and the boy next to her didn't bother. The lecturer went onto introduce herself as Miss Huxley and gave a basis or a summary of what the educational year ahead would hold. Wednesday couldn't find the point in doing so- any normal person who had read the least bit into the course they had applied for would already know what the year ahead would involve.

"For the first few weeks we will be studying Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." The woman told them.

Wednesday scoffed and rolled her eyes. She wasn't a fan of the book- multiple times she had attempted to read it and yet she always found she couldn't get passed the third chapter. She wasn't fond of the whole dystopian genre the novel placed itself in.

"You're not a fan?" The boy beside her questioned as he opened his note book.

"Objectification of women, drugs, slavery. Not exactly, no." Wednesday answered honestly. She looked at him. He had handsome features- she thought he was handsome but it was the least of her priorities. "Are you?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, but I prefer the movie." He answered.

"Movie?" She questioned in response.

"Blade Runner?" He responded, looking down at her. "You've never seen it?"

"No. I have not." She confirmed with a shake of her head. She looked up at the figure next to her. Seeing him front on she could see a scar he had across his cheek. It was very old and barely noticeable but it was visible to her eye.

"It's a good movie, you should watch it." He recommended to her, offering a smile as he spoke. "I'm Y/N by the way."

Wednesday raised her brow. "Wednesday." She greeted back before turning her head forward, meeting the eyes of the lecturer.

"Are you two finished or should I wait a little longer?" The woman spoke, her body hunched over the lectern and her hands tightly gripped on the wood. It was clear for Wednesday to see that she was trying to intimidate them- and she was not one to be messed with when it came to intimidation.

Y/N opened his mouth. "Sorry-"

"Great things come to those who wait, Miss." Wednesday spoke clearly- her every word laced with vicious venom as she glared through her brows. Y/N looked over at her with a perplexed disposition as Miss Huxley's stature seemed to weaken. A malicious smirk grew on Wednesday's lips seeing she had won the battle. All eyes were on her and for once- she rather enjoyed it.

"Yes- well please do try to pay attention in the future." Miss Huxley quickly stated before moving on as soon as she got the chance. She looked like a wounded puppy- Wednesday preferred them dead, but mutilated would do fine.

From the corner of her eye, Wednesday noticed Y/N was still watching her. "That was-"

She cut him off. "Stupid? Rude? Harsh?" Wednesday guessed quietly as she turned her head to look at him, almost robotically.

Y/N shook his head and grinned. "Brilliant." He answered. "You've got gall, Wednesday. It's thrilling." He explained.

Wednesday could tell from his tone that he was full of mischief- she had a hunch she just might have some fun with Y/N.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
It's been a while (:
I'm sorry to keep you all waiting, I've been a little ill recently but I have still been working on new parts (12 to be precise) so hopefully I'll be publishing more new parts soon!
This one is a pretty simple one, just to get back into the groove of things! Enjoy (: