Jealous [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Request by nicholas3457890
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The New Years party was a big occasion at Nevermore Academy, this year it was called- 'The Midnight Express'. Wednesday wasn't fond in the slightest.

After the events of the last party she attended, hosted by Nevermore, she was somewhat put off. Worse yet, the rumours told that this event would be bigger and brighter than the last. Just the thought of more bright lights and offensive colours made her skin break out in rashes. Worse yet, there were going to be fireworks- bright, obnoxious, colourful fireworks.

She could only hope that something drastic would happen at this one- like maybe a student gets crushed by one of the oversized statues, or perhaps one of the teachers get beheaded by a light fixture gone wrong. But she doubted it. For a while, she pondered running the event herself, maybe putting bleach in the punch- that was until Y/N asked her to go with him.

Wednesday and Y/N had been 'friends' for a while, although friends was not a term often used with any of the Addams family. While the pair weren't at a stage where they comfortably sat in silence together, they certainly had a strong connection with one another.

For months, Y/N had been dropping hints to Wednesday about his feelings for her. He was fairly certain that he loved her- like seriously, utterly, completely, wholly loved her. In fact, it wasn't in doubt at all. Whenever he closed his eyes to sleep he saw her. Even when he was doing schoolwork or hanging out with friends, all he could think about was her- her and her pretty features, and her smart remarks, and her cold dead eyes.

With the amount of hints he had dropped, he was beginning to lose hope. He wasn't sure if he could just tell her directly. But, The Midnight Express gave him an opportunity. All he had to do was ask her to go with her, which he did.

At 11pm on the dot, Y/N showed up outside Wednesday and Enid's room, dressed in an all black tuxedo and a Rafflesia Arnoldii (or a corpse flower as it is formally known). He straightened his jacket collar and brushed off a few specks of dust, before knocking on the heavy wooden door.

It didn't take long for the heft door to pull open, one Wednesday Addams standing on the other side. She wore a dress that held tight around her waist and arms with a white spouted collar which was embroidery with black roses. The skirt was a little more loose and was heavily pleated. What the skirt didn't cover her legs was instead covered by black tights and her feet were sat in a chunky set of heels.

For a moment, Y/N believed that she had removed his lungs from behind his ribs because he found it impossible to breathe. "Woah..." He breathed with widened eyes. "You look beautiful." He quickly told her, a smile pulling the corners of his lips.

She raised a brow as she scanned over his attire. "You look fine." She replied plainly. She really wished she could tell him what she really thought- she thought he looked dashing, handsome even.

He pursed his lips together and nodded. "Right..." He murmured, almost disappointingly. "Are you ready to go?" He asked, shaking away his previous disposition, replacing it with a more hopeful one.

"Yes." She answered simply, stepping out of the doorway and closing it behind her.

"Great!" He responded with a smile. He offered her his arm to link with, to which she seemingly ignored, opting to walk ahead.

He sighed and jogged a few paces to catch up to her. They walked side by side in complete silence until they reached the hall.

The hall itself was spangled in tinsel and balloons as well as an overbearing number of lighting equipment. Already the music was in full swing. Wednesday wanted to stab steak knives down her ears. Her generation were so uncultured. They were very well late for the event, most students showing up at 6pm- Wednesday had insisted that she would not be able to bear a full 6 hours of cringe worthy pop and happy peers.