Aria, Op. 9 [Wednesday x Male Reader]

For reference on how this song sounds, give the video above a cheeky little listen! Enjoy!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The only language that every country in the world could understand was music. Whether it's to calm a bustling flock of people, or to motivate an army heading to war- music had magical effects. She had influenced Y/N with the magic of music, as he had influenced her too, although neither of them were aware.

It was a long line of tradition in the Addams Family, to serenade someone as a sign of love or passion- it was a tradition she thought so little of for so long as her views on romance were clear for everyone to see. But things could change so, so fast.

She invited herself to Y/N's room as she so often did when she needed to get away from Enid and Ajax's incessant kissing and giggling- but this time, she hauled her cello with her down the cold stone hallways for alternative reasons.

Upon reaching his door, Wednesday planted her cased cello up against the wall, giving the heavy wood a firm knock. She took a small step away from the door and waited. Odd- he never answered. She sighed, guessing he was already asleep- although, that wouldn't stop her, she'd already gathered the courage to actually play her cello. Her hand rested on the door handle and she gave it a push. It opened right up and a small smile played on the girls lips. She grabbed a hold of her heavy instrument and lugged it through the doorway. Once more, she sat the cello up against the solid stone wall and then closed the door behind her.

She cocked her head in confusion when her eyes landed on Y/N. He had one leg up on the desk of his chair and he appeared to be playing... a virtual guitar. The scene made a little more sense when she noticed he had a pair of headphones on. She recognised the tune from the rhythm that escaped his headphones, but couldn't quite place it- it was heavy and dense. She stood in front of his door for a while, just quietly admiring the odd specimen through narrowed brows. There was something ridiculously elegant about him.

Just his luck, he turned mid strum and let out a girlish scream when he saw the phantom that was Wednesday stood in front of his door. While one hand held his chest, the other lowered his headphones to around his neck, the music now much more audible to the girl across the room.

"You are well and truly pathetic." She spoke, her voice heavily monotoned. "I have met mice with a better nerve than you." She continued, again her voice was plain and unwavering.

His expression was sad and offended, although he seemed to nod in agreement to her comments. "Yeah... I know." He breathed. His heart still pumping at a hundred beats a second- if not because he had just been frightened, but because Wednesday was so close to him. He had a lot of time for Wednesday, he found her interesting and intriguing and mysterious. He liked her a lot but of course, just as she had pointed out, he was something of a coward when it came to his fears- his biggest fear being rejection. "Can I help you?" He asked after he paused his music and had regained some of his composure.

"Yes. You can." She answered, stepping aside to reveal her cased up cello. The pair often played together and Wednesday discovered that Y/N was quite the talented musician. Thus far, she had heard him play the violin, guitar and piano and he played them well.

"You want to play together? Now?" He questioned with narrowed eyes. He checked his watch. "It's four fifty in the morning." He added, his brows knitting together as he sat on his bed.

"No." She answered, still monotone. She hadn't quite realised how early in the morning it was, she must have spent all night trying to muster the courage needed to do what she so desperately desired to do. "I want to play... for you." She told him.