Monomania Pt. 2 [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Once again, Wednesday was left waiting on Y/N. He was always late- coming and going whenever he pleased. It was annoying.

She had pulled her desk chair out onto the balcony of her dorm room and sat with one leg crossed over the other- her notebook sat in her lap on a fresh, blank, pale page. It seemed that whenever Y/N wasn't around, she couldn't bring herself to write.

While she held her pen at the tip, between her forefinger and thumb the bounced the end off her chin, as if in deep thought- but her mind was void of anything other than the thought of Y/N. She hadn't seen him since last night when he left her in the forest. Her heart still ached thinking about it.

Pulling her eyes up from the looming lined pages, she gazed out onto the view in front of her. The clouds lightly spluttered on the growingly orange evening sky. It was a little cold- although Wednesday had remembered to listen to what Y/N had been telling her, and grabbed a cardigan before she sat on the balcony.

"Ah- beat me again." Y/N's warm voice spoke up as he passed by on her right- settling his rear on the stony balcony wall before Wednesday, filling her vision. "I really need to get better at this, huh?"

Wednesday looked at him with blank eyes- trying to hide her admiration behind a cold gaze. "Yes. You really do." She stated blankly. It was odd, she must have been so deep in thought, she didn't even hear the window behind her open. She settled the pen down atop her notebook. "What took you this time?" She questioned- her tone highly investigative.

Y/N appeared to pause in thought- as though he were trying to remember. His eyes lit up. "I had to grab something from my dorm." He explained. Wednesday raised her brows expectantly, expecting full clarity. He noted her expression and held up his finger- cutting her off before she could question him. He pulled his bag off his shoulder and unzips it before rummaging through it. A few seconds pass before he pulls out a small pocket knife. "I got you a gift." He tells her before placing his bag down next to hers.

Her head dips to the side as she analyses what she can see. Y/N offers it out towards her with an open palm. Wednesday admires it in his hand for a moment- it's indigo handle with deep carvings which exposed what looked to be ebony wood. Towards the top of the handle was a silver covering which was engraved with swirling patterns which carried on to the exposed spine of the blade. Gently, Wednesday grasped the blade and pinched the spine of the knife with her forefinger and thumb, pulling the blade free from the handle.

"It's German. Platinum coated blade- quenched in the blood of a hundred hogs which is what gives the blade the dark marks." He explained whilest he watched his lover examine the gift. A smile played on his features. She liked it- he knew she would. She had been talking about getting a new knife for a while and he thought it was the perfect opportunity to display his love.

"It's beautiful, mi amor..." She murmured before running the blade on the tip of her finger. A small wince came to her features as blood painted the white skin of her fingers. She watched as the blood trickled down her finger and off her knuckle- onto her notepad- tuning her page red too.

Y/N shook his head as he watched the slow stream of blood drip onto the once blank page. "Careful, mi princesa. It's sharp." He warned her, his tone nearly sarcastic as he was too late anyway. Y/N gave a small sigh.

Wednesday nodded in agreeance. He was right, it was sharp- as sharp as any of her other blades in her collection. Using her palm, she pushed the blade back into the handle before bringing her hand to her mouth. Outstretching her tongue, she ran it up her finger and stopped at the tip- leaving no trace of blood behind. It was lucky neither of them were squeemish. Once he pulled the tip of her finger from her mouth, it was clean and the bleeding had stopped- as if it was never bleeding to begin with.

"All better." She spoke, her voice warm.

"You should be more careful, Wends'." He sighed, taking her hand in his own. Just as she had inspected the blade, he inspected her wound. Thankfully, it was neither deep nor wide- nothing more than a bad papercut. He placed a gentle kiss before letting go of her hand. "I wrote you a poem today." He commented, changing the subject. "Take a look." He added, tapping his finger in her notebook.

Wednesday's brows furrowed together. "You wrote me a poem? In my note book?" She questioned.

"Of course." He responded resting his elbows on each of his knees and his head in his hands- leaning closer to her. Their heads were no more than a few inches away. "You write so many for me- it's only fair I return the favour."

She felt a flush rush to her cheeks and nose at his proximity. "When did you find the time to do that?" She questioned. She could feel his cool breath like the breeze across her face.

A bright smile played on his lips as he pecked her cheek. "When you weren't paying attention to me." He answered, almost bitterly sweet. He grasped the blood stained page between finger and thumb before turning it, revealing a page of neat cursive writing. Clearly some of the blood had blead through to the next page as splotches of red were visible on the page. "Do you want to read or shall I?" He asked softly.

"You can." She murmured, a small smile showing.

He smiled and took her note book. He cleared his throat before he began reading.
"In shadows' embrace, a love transcends,
My devotion, in realms that blend.
My heart's whispers linger, soft and serene,
For a girl, ethereal, their love unseen.

In dreams they dance, moonlit and fair,
Bound by a love, beyond life's despair.
In death's realm, their spirits entwine,
A love eternal, veiled in time.

Through tears and sighs, their souls persist,
An enigmatic love, in blissly mist.
In times unknown, their hearts align,
My soul devotion, for a love undefined."

His head lifted after he finished reading to see Wednesday's eyes brimming in tears. His smile grew on his features as he placed the notebook back into her lap- leaning forward once more as his hand settled on her cheek. His touch seemed to knock her over the edge as the stream of tears began to fall, followed with a series of sniffles.

Behind her, Wednesday heard the creaking of the round window open, then a number of footsteps. She tore her head away from her lover's hand to see Enid standing just a foot or so behind her.

"Oh... Wednesday... Again?" She whispered- crouching down so she was at her seated level. She looked at the notebook which was bloodied and the knife in her lap besides it. Gently she dropped them into her bag.

Wednesday's hands shook as she looked ahead once more. Y/N had gone again, leaving the void black sky to engulf her. With a trembling lip, she fell into the grip Enid had since offered with an arm around her waist.

"What will I do with you, huh?" Enid murmured, cuddling up close to Wednesday's side- able to feel the stammered rising and falling of her ribs through laboured breaths.

Dark clouds illuminated by the moon gathered overhead. Enid placed a gentle, caring kiss on Wednesday's temple. "Let's get you in before you get caught in the rain again." She encouraged warmly- though Wednesday couldn't help but hear the pitty in her voice.

Swallowing hard, Wednesday nodded her head- letting Enid haul her up to her feet. She was practically limp against Enid's side as she just shuffled her feet along. She wished Y/N would stay longer. She was happy with him.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
The Mercy of Eyes was listened to on repeat while writing this- just thought you all ought to know :)
Give it a little listen and see if it tickles your fancy!
Thank you for all of your support on this- we're super close to 7k votes, which is a little hard to believe- but I'm delighted anyway!