Rain Pt. 2 [Wednesday x Male Reader]

"Why are you awake?" Wednesday questioned, her voice a whisper but loud with her mouth so close to Y/N's ear. Her arms were wrapped tight around his midriff. She enjoyed being the big spoon.

"I could ask you the same thing." Y/N responded quietly. One of his hands ran the length of the arms Wednesday had wrapped around him. It was odd feeling her so warm. "Couldn't resist the feel of my lips?" He deadpanned with a slight grin on his lips. He was faced laying towards the window with the moon shining through. It was a beautiful sight and the rain was making quite the relaxing sound in the background as it splattered on the glass panes.

"Don't get ahead of yourself." She scolded, burying her head closer between his back and the pillow both of their heads lay on.

"Not that I'm hinting at anything but I will always accept more kisses from you." He muttered.

Wednesday rolled her tired eyes. "What a shame- you won't be getting anything from me unless you answer my question." She spoke coldly. She meant it too, it wasn't like him to lose out on sleep- she always struggled to get him up in the morning for class. She was well aware that sleep to Y/N was his 'favourite hobby.'

Y/N's hand stopped caressing her arm. "Ugh... Wends' don't be like that..." He muttered, slightly frustrated by his lover's antics.

"Then tell me why you are still awake." Wednesday demanded bluntly. Her arms tightened around his waist while she scooted ever closer to him.

At first, Y/N enjoyed the sudden shift in the way she snuggled up to him but then her embrace got tighter, and tighter. It got to the point where he couldn't take a deep breath without letting out a little cough. "Alright- Alright-" He wheezed as he began to tap out on her arm. With a satisfied grin on her lips, Wednesday loosened her grip. "Jeez... are all small women that strong?" He complained with deep breaths.

"Tell me or I will do it again and cause permanent haemorrhaging to your intestines." She ignored his complaints and continued to press her question.

After a long heavy exhale through his nose, he grumbled something under his breath as he turned over in her arms. His lips wobbled as he tried to get out what had been plaguing his mind all night. "What do you think of me?" He eventually asked as he figured out what to say.

"I believe you are a person of relative sound mind and are an enjoyable person to converse with." Wednesday wasn't entirely sure how to respond- she wasn't the most attuned with her emotions and feelings.

Y/N released a small sigh while he shook his head, looking down at the pretty face in front of him. "Not like that. I mean, how do you... how do you feel about me?" He asked, somewhat refining his first question. She could be difficult sometimes, especially when it came to more serious conversations about them as a couple. It made him worried sometimes- never truly knowing what she was feeling or thinking or even what she was really trying to say- it always seemed like her words had more than one meaning.

He watched as her gaze darted across his face, looking into one of his eyes and then the other while her lips tightened in thought. "Short answer, I love you." She answered, confidently but still quiet. She was conscious of waking Enid up. Her wolfish senses were sharp and anything too loud would likely catch her attention.

"And what about the long answer?" He continued, a light smile pulling at the corners of his dry lips.

She appeared reluctant as her nostrils flared  while she exhaled deeply. "Do I have to tell you-? I hate getting all..."

"Soppy? Remotely emotional? Lovey-dovey?" He guessed trying to finish her sentence. Seeing her mildly unimpressed look he chuckled. "Yes, you have to tell me."

"Alright." She murmured with the slightest nod. "I find that when I can't focus, it is because my mind is occupied by thoughts of me and you. My breath escapes me when you utter my name. Even if my favourite authors were in a room with you and me, my eyes would still follow you." Wednesday spoke softly. "Actually, it's rather infuriating that you have these effects on me." She informed him- as if it was him that was at fault (which of course Wednesday believed he was.)

Y/N's brow perked up as he watched her face remain serious and true. "Anything else?"

"Yes." She told him. "When I'm with you, I'm relaxed. I'm... happy. And when I am away from you, I feel as though my heart will grow legs and hollow out a tunnel through my chest to leave my body and run to your embrace." She ranted quietly. She shifted her legs which were tangled with his. "That is how I feel about you." A moment of silence fell between them, the only sounds around them were that of rain, raging winds and Enid's slight snores as they found one another's gaze. "What about you?"

He seemed to ponder on his feelings for a second or too as he broke their gaze. "I feel no matter how close I am to you, you will always be just beyond my reach."

"How so?" She questioned.

"You'll go places I can't follow- do things I can't do, too brave for me, and I fear that one day, you won't come back." He explained. He wasn't sure what he was trying to say but it felt right. "If I could fit you in the palm of my hand, I'd hold you and never let you go."

"I'm here now, am I not?"

"You are." He nodded.

"Then hold me as close as you want. I'll be here for as long as you feel the need- even if that means forever." She reassured him.

He seemed to do so. His arms wrapped tight around her chest and around her back while her head burried between his chin and his chest. The pair remained silent for a while.

"Are you asleep, Y/N?"

There was silence. Wednesday let her eyes close. "I promise, you will always be in my heart. No matter where I am, I will find you in your thoughts and your dreams. I could never leave you- I fear that I cannot live without you." She ranted quietly and into his t-shirt while she settled deeper into his warming embrace. "I love you, mi querido. Sweet dreams."

"I love you too, little fruit bat..." Y/N murmured back.