Valentine [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Requested by Superflash2255
(Sorry for making you wait, it's a long one( I might have changed a few things too( I hope you don't mind!)))
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Y/N stood outside of Wednesday's dorm room door- he had been there for five minutes already, just watching the hands on his watch slowly etch ever closer to midday. It didn't seem to matter how long he stood there for, those tiny hands couldn't push time fast enough.

The silence was loud, but not as loud as the anxieties running rampant through his mind. This would be their first valentine's day together- their first big occasion together. In fairness, they had only been dating for a little over a month. Wednesday had been playing it nonchalantly, stating that she didn't care much for valentine's day and it's insufferable perks- but it meant a lot to Y/N.

He had been brought up in such a way that he was taught to make the lady in the relationship feel special- like they were the only thing that mattered, even if it only lasted for one day. He felt it was his job, his duty to make sure Wednesday understood his passion for her- and he was scared. Oh both Wednesday and of disappointing her.

In his hand he held a bouquet of roses- thirteen roses to be precise. Y/N had also prepared two gifts for her which resided in his car for the time being. He was worried she would hate his gifts- Wednesday had told him not to get her anything, but thanks to Thing- he discovered that she had brought him a gift so he had to return the act. His hair was neat, his shoes freshly cleaned and his clothes without marks or creases. He had brushed his teeth more times than he could count to make sure he didn't repulse her with bad breath and he had put on a healthy spritz of cologne.

The hands on his watch finally clasped upright together as the time turned to noon. His hand followed his gaze on her door and balled up before he gently knocked in a rhythmic pattern. He heard a few moments of shuffling before the door slowly swung open.

Y/N smiled at Wednesday as he caught sight of her figure in the doorway- it seemed that whenever their eyes met, he would loose all ability to function properly for a few seconds.

"Happy valentine's day." Y/N spoke, breaking the long silence he had been cocooned within. He held out the bundle of roses.

Wednesday took the roses and a slight smirk came to her often sly lips. She brought them up to her nose and breathed in. Fresh- she preferred the rotting-wilted scent but it was still a sweet gesture. "Thank you." She responded before taking a few steps back into her room to place the bouquet on her bed. This was her first time not spending valentine's day alone and she would be the first to admit that it felt odd. For so many years she had lived in a fortress of solitude- berating those who dared show their affection for one another so publicly- and then Y/N came along. She couldn't complain though. While she was still in the depths of her room, she grabbed a small box of her own which she slotted into her deep jacket pocket.

Y/N appeared to take a shaky breath before holding out his hand to her when she returned to the open door. Wednesday hesitated, looking between his hand and his shifting eyes. "Where are we going?" She asked quietly. She had believed that the two would be spending the day quietly together in her dorm- it was the exact reason she had gently manipulated Enid into taking Ajax out for the day- so she and Y/N could be alone.

He cleared the frog in his throat. "It's a surprise." He told her, his voice anxious. Wednesday seemed to narrow her eyes down on him, her brows lowered too. This was exactly what he had been fearing- she was unsure.

He could see the cogs in her brain ticking as she weighed up her options. "I've told you I don't like surprises." She took his hand. Y/N took some solace in her willingness.