Blueberry Skies Pt. 2 [Wednesday x Male Reader]

Wearing one of Y/N's heavy white hoodies, Wednesday used her hip to open the oak door. She had been down to the cafeteria to grab her lover some soup- particularly vegetable and shrimp soup. It was her perfect remedy for recovering from a cold.

"I got our soup." She called out to Y/N- her hands gripped onto the handles of a tray which in turn carried two steaming hot bowls of soup.

"I'll be there in a seco- ahh-!" Wednesday listened as he cut himself off with a loud sneeze- one enough to deafen if close enough.

She released a small sigh at the sound. She knew a warm shower wouldn't cure him but a small part of her had hoped it would. She hated him being ill- it made her feel inadequate, like she hadn't done enough to protect him. She knew that was pathetic.

Walking deeper into his dorm, she approached his bedside table where she planed to place the tray. Planed being the polarising word as she never made it to the small wooden table.

Instead, she was sent flying by a loose shoe on the floor which she rolled her ankle on- the soup was also made airborne as she braced for impact with the floor. Wednesday hit the floor with a thud and the bowls of soup followed, only it spilled all over her.

"Mierda!" She yelped as the hot liquids began to seep through the fabric of the hoodie she had borrowed and onto her skin. Scrambling, she pulled the hoodie off over her head. She ran her hands over the scolded skin on her stomach. She looked over the mess she had made- smashed porcelain shards, shrim and finely shop vegetables were scattered all across the floor boards.

She heard quick footsteps and the bathroom door swinging open. "Nes', are you alright?" Y/N called out but to no reply. He walked to the far side of his bed to see Wednesday on the floor, his once white hoodie in her lap.

"I-I-" Wednesday trailed looking up at her lover, then back down at the stained hoodie. Her lips trembled. "I'm so- stupid." She got out through gritted teeth before burying her face in her uneasy hands.

There is was again. The overthinking. The anxiety. The panic. Her breathing became short. Y/N had seen it enough to know it well. He took the hoodie from her lap and knelt down in front of her. "You're not stupid." He whispered as he lifted a finger, caressing her cheek before pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hang on, okay?" He breathed as he stood up straight. He opened the windows to make way to the sound of owls, nightjars and the whistling breeze.

He moved a few steps to his right and to his record player. Behind him he could hear quiet sobs. Y/N began filing through his vinyls. He stopped on one which he pulled out and settled onto the record player. "How does Chet Baker sound?" He asked, even though he knew he wouldn't get a response. He lowered the needle and the gentle music started playing.

Y/N had done some research- not long after he and Wednesday started dating, on how to help people who get overwhelmed. There were mixed results on how to do it but one that caught his eye was essentially sensory overload- to force Wednesday to focus on something- anything other than her head.

He turned a dial to make the music a little louder before he approached Wednesday again. He sat down beside her with his back pressed up against his bed. He looked at her- the sports bra was wearing beneath his hoodie revealed her stomach and the red burns on her skin. Wincing at the appearance, he gently placed his hand on the burns. He could feel the heat radiating against his own hand.

Wednesday found the touch of his cold hand soothing against the burn. Taking a number of deep breaths, she tried to calm down.

He moved his free hand to her wrists, gripping them and gently pulling her hands down away from her face. "There we go, now I can see how beautiful you are again." He murmured to her before placing a gentle kiss on her cheek. "Keep taking nice, deep breaths for me, okay?"