Team work ♦️

•Yoongi•

I listened to every detail they have relayed about the crown prince's bold opposition against the emperor's decision regarding the removal of old royals' from their born titles. I gotta say that it was indeed very brave of him to voice our his opinion about the matter.

I appreciate the way he defended us.

But he must know that things aren't easy to bend. Especially with his father who's now totally absorbed by his position.

According to my father, eversince he ascended to throne, his responsibilities got bigger, heavier and the emperor became as tough as a stone. He became more impulsive less receptive to his advisors' opinions.

Not good.

Father said it was the consequence of ascending to higher throne...

But for me there isn't any difference. It's just the title and it's all about perspective.

It's just as heavy as when he was crown prince. It's just that there were restrictions...unlike now, his influence is on a larger scope.

Kashvi:

"I know you're on a break...but when are you coming back? Since Ms. Han is almost recovered. I'm back to work after this. I just assisted advisor Kim here in your stead."

I crossed my arms. Of course I haven't fully discussed this with Namjoon yet...

But I've spoken to my father already.

And he was nothing but supportive.

I looked at their eager faces.

How do I even begin telling them that I'm officially quitting.

As though Namjoon realized my silence he shifted his weight uncomfortably.

Kashvi's face was calm but I know she already knows what I'm thinking...

"I'm not coming back."

None of them were surprised but I saw their faces morphed into a wave of sadness.

"I'm not letting some young blooded impulsive monarch take away my clan's pride and honor. We are the oldest royals of this country and we are all connected. It's such an insult to our ancestors for an emperor who was chosen to banish his roots just like that. Without my great ancestors... he is nothing. I will take over Daegu after my grandfather."

Namjoon heaved a deep sigh. As though contemplating.

"I'm telling you two. I don't give a fvck. We all know who are the real major royals here. If you trace the bloodlines and history, by blood, Jong Soo Kim, the now emperor of South Korea is actually my great grandson."

Kashvi's eyes grew bigger; there was complete amusement in them.

"Besides...I'm preparing to get married."