Gut feeling ◇

Taehyung•

"I know where you are."

Mari.

I looked around the silent elegant zen room provided by the emperor and found my adviser in his room, in deep slumber. He must've been really tired so I told him to take a rest. The emperor who was certain about his confession, appealed for us to stay at least a few days so we can catch up. Despite my hesitation, I silently agreed. I stared at the screen of my phone.

Unknown number.

But it's Mari...

"So are you just gonna stay in that boring castle or come out and meet me?"

Really surprised, I gripped my phone tightly and looked back at Yoongi.

"Just put on a mask... Not a single Japanese gal knows you're here...your highness. I don't know why you're talking to the emperor or what kind of negotiation you're into but I can help you shake the tension off."

"I don't know...I'm-"

5:37 pm...

It's true. What I need right now is a little fun. Someone to talk to...a familiar face.

"Hey...don't worry. I promise I won't do anything stupid. I just wanna talk."

I heaved a sigh. I know I should decline her offer but I can't stay here the rest of the day doing nothing.

"Okay. Tell me where you are. I'll try to sneak out."

--◇--

Charlie

It's good that I messaged adviser Min earlier asking how they were and quickly found out that they are actually in Osaka and not Kyoto. We arrived there without a certain direction. Changsub-ssi suggested that we avoid hotels as much as possible. He booked us a traditional guest house which was a few minutes away from the castle. I needed to cover my face with a mask so no one would recognize me. Also we had to use Miso's credit card for everything.  When we reached the castle gates, we pretended to be tourists just taking photos. We stayed lingering around the area for more than an hour and felt a little worried as the guards began suspiciously eyeing us.

"Your majesty... I think we need to stay away for a while and just go back later. The guards are closely watching us now..."

I simply nodded.

"Unnie, I'm hungry...should we go to a nearest café?"

Changsub-ssi looked at us as though he's losing energy;

"I need my dose of caffeine too."

I stared at the castle and heaved an exasperated sigh. I really miss him 😢 ...even though it's only been a day, I want to see and be with him.

Shoulders down, I walked ahead of them;

"Okay, let's go~" 😔