Warned ♣

Taehyung

23 missed calls from Mari.

What is this again.

I sighed.

The last time I spoke to her, trouble came. I don't want to deal with any of what she has to say anymore. She's under investigation now...they also found the person responsible for spilling private information regarding the paramour lane and my former mistresses. She may be innocent of the act but the suspects got the information from her.

Now we're all waiting for who exactly is responsible for all of this.

I slipped my phone under the pillow as Charlie moved. She fell asleep on my lap and I didn't want to wake her up. I gently took the book that I was reading and focused on where I stopped. However another muffled buzz interrupted me. I took the phone again and this time, turned it off.

--♣--

I was awoken by careful pats on my shoulder... I opened my eyes and realized that the sun is almost setting. We were only supposed to have an afternoon nap. Charlie is gone and now, I'm facing my advisors. I stretched and flexed my neck...

"Your highness... you need to know something."

The seriousness of Advisor Min's tone instantly made me anxious.

"Where's Charlie."

I asked.

"Your highess, you don't have to worry about the princess. She's alright. We received a phone call from the prime minister's son."

I furrowed my brows.

"Why. What do they want."

Advisor Min gave Namjoon a meaningful glance. Seemed like hesitant to deliver the news. Instead, advisor Kim stepped forward and delivered the news...

"Mari jumped off the 7th floor of the prestigious building where she lives, your highness."

I quickly rose to my feet and felt my knees weakened. I was speechless for a second but then advisor Kim continued;

"She landed on the glass canopy, miraculously...still lives. However the doctors were honest about her condition. The lady has little chance to survive."

I felt a staggering pain within me. It was just a few hours ago when she was calling me.

"S-she was calling me earlier but I didn't answer."

"Your highness. It could be something important."

I sighed and couldn't calm down. I took my phone and turned it on...

More messages...there were voice messages as well.

Min Yoongi took it from me and without even asking for my permission, played each voice messages.

I'm sorry that I wasn't careful. They have it and she'll surely use that to torment you once again. You don't know how much I despise myself right now. I shouldn't have met you that time... I feel so stupid. Believe me, I have nothing to do with it. I only want to make things right. I want us to be good friends. Friends who can talk about good memories until we grow older...but I guess it's impossible now to think of that possibility. I'm being punished for what I did to the princess... and I feel really sad and guilty of everything you both went through because of my negligence. Forgive me, your highness... I sincerely ask for both of your forgiveness.