Distraction ◇

•Taehyung•

Charlie's eyes were wistful and eager for an answer.

I don't know if this is something I should disclose to her without my parents' consent. My heart is aching for this woman who's quite oblivious of her situation.

When Charlie was taken to my terrain, a medical procedure had taken place. Among the 5 mistresses, she is the only one who appeared to have some sort of health problem, reproductively. A hormonal problem that may cause infertility. It will be difficult for her to get pregnant and if so, miscarriages may happen. Charlie is completely unaware that everything she is given to eat are carefully prepared by a nutritionist as well as the so called 'vitamins' she's been taking are actually herbal supplements intented to cure her fertility problem.

As a mistress; at first it was an advantage for me...but when the palace found out that she is the princess destined to be married to Korea it became a problem.

A problem we intentionally kept from her. Despite having her for how many times without protection, nothing seemed to happen. Honestly, it is one of my concerns as well.  What if we couldn't produce an heir?...

Then I have no choice but to bear a child with a mistress...

Something that I never really wanted and think about.

I held her face and failed to respond right away.

"Charlie...always remember that no matter what happens, I will never ever leave you and will always love you."

Her face morphed into a more melancholic manner as I delivered my words.

"W-what do you mean...tell me...please. I want a plain answer...just Yes or no."

I pulled her in my arms but she fenced her hands in between us. Both tiny hands anguishly pressed on my chest with her finally getting upset to what was silently implied.

And she began to weep.

"Charlie, Charlie, listen sweetheart...it's not like that-"

I was startled and furious as the door to my room suddenly opened. Adviser Min Yoongi quickly made an apologetic bow. He looked worried;