Ordeal ♣

•Yoongi•

The younger prince and his princess requested to be escorted back to SK immediately. However, they went back to Choengsando and not in Seoul or the main palace itself. The elders didn't question them and we left the Russian grounds without any of the family members except Avalanche, aware of Charlie's miscarriage. The couple wanted some time alone...as Charlie was in a very sensitive state. She cried in secret and seldom talks. She appeared aloof as well. Like she was ashamed of what happened. Taehyung worries about the self blame part. That no matter how much he assured her that it wasn't her fault, she never listened. Even though in  silence, her battles within herself can be seen in her eyes and her demeanor.

Taehyung also reported that the princess developed insomnia. She became a little irritable and didn't want to be surrounded by servants. Prescribed with sleeping pills, we felt a sense of relief as we noted the princess in deep sleep.

We decided to drink a few bottles of soju and talk about things. I know what the younger prince needs right now is a friend to listen. For the past week,  he was nothing but a bundle of nerves.

"Thank you for staying silent about this, hyung

"Thank you for staying silent about this, hyung. I guess...Charlie didn't want them to learn about it because she has a different perspective of the situation. She thinks that she failed everyone...by losing a successor."

"It is understandable Taehyung. Also, it could do more damage if paranoia takes over. At least she had less people to worry about. Even though it won't be the case, to a sensitive mind like what she has now, it's quite risky."

"Sometimes

"Sometimes...I don't know how to console her anymore... I feel tired and worried too..."

I felt the younger prince's voice tremble in sadness. He desperately brushed his face with his hand only to reveal eyes welled in tears.

"If only I can easily take the pain away...or just take it from her and own it... I already did. I just pray that one morning, she'd wake up as her old self... because she's the reason why life to me is a wonderful journey... It's true what they say...you die a number of times whenever you see the person dear to you going through so much  suffering and you can't do anything about it..."