Aces ♠

Special Chapter ☆

•Hoseok•

Years ago...

"P-papa... what about me and Alexander??"

I watched my father as he carefully led the 7 year old Romanov to a corner where a piano was rooted. He covered his eyes with his silk scarf and whispered something to the not so terrified prince.

"Play a piece that reminds you of victory. Don't stop until Krystofer is here."

A smirk was instantly painted on little snowball's lips and with that, he began to strike the keys with a Vivaldi piece. In such a calm way that he didn't even mind the reality of the situation we're in.

My father in such a calm demeanor smiled at me and patted my head...

"This our world. I don't want to see that fear in your eyes. Learn to get used to this feeling as you can't escape my footsteps."

I felt my body shiver in fear.

All I heard were screams...gunfires...explosions slightly drowned by Snowball's elegant keys.

My sight was blurry with smoke and my tears...

He walked away and just left us at that corner...

when my father disappeared from my sight, the little Romanov stopped playing. He pulled away his blindfold and faced me...

He took my quivering hand and smiled. Then to my utter surprise, covered my eyes with my father's silk scarf instead. He sat me down beside him...

"Hyung, listen to the music, only and you'll forget where you are..."

Then he played again.

Another explosion made me flinch though I can tell that the young monarch beside me wasn't even affected and continued playing the beautiful piece which depicted the season of Spring.

It wasn't that long that I was plucked away from where we are...

I'm in another place.

I visualized everything in vivid colors...

I feel elated. That nothing bothered me anymore.

The music just ignited a sensation within me.

A thirst for victory.

For supreme excellence...