Honesty ♧

Charlie•

"Y-your highness, his majesty firmly ordered this room to be evacuated as you are to retire to his chamber starting tonight..."

I didn't listen to the servant despite feeling apologetic to the way her voice quivered. I opened the door to the room I occupy and to my dismay, found my belongings missing. I sighed in resignation and lingered my eyes on the almost empty room. But the futon is still here...I stepped inside, closed the door and ignored the pleading servant who continuously begging me to proceed to Taehyung's room. I opened the windows and eyed the faint moonlight. A lot of things have happened lately. The prince and I began to deal with a lot of misunderstandings. I came to realize that we both need to be more patient with each other. He needs to understand that I am not fully adjusted to what this position is demanding from me...also I need to be more open-minded at the way he expresses  his frustration over my slow progress.

Also, I'm still completely baffled at the part where there are no longer restrictions between us. So unlikely of the Korean royal custom. I don't have to be in two minds. I know something is wrong with me and they are hiding it. With all the eagerness and the time we spent together, considering that we weren't that careful; I'm still luckily, an empty vessel. While Ruis only took one night to get pregnant.

Am I not healthy enough to bear a child?

But...is it really me or him?

I stared at the screen of my phone and thought of Miso. Is it possible for me to invite her over?  Maybe it won't be bothersome for her to stay for a day or two. Fully consumed with these thoughts, I was distracted by a loud thud followed by loud heavy steps...

The door of the room where I was at the moment flew open and an  angry prince welcomed my sight. Completely furious yet still dashing. He opened the lights and for a short while, I found myself under his contemptuous pair of sharp eyes.

Inexplicably, I found myself too calm for a situation where supposedly, I should be in a state of panic now.

I'm getting used to his temper. His demands...The dark side that at some point it doesn't bother me anymore. Just like my brother's demeanor, I feel like I don't have the energy for these things. Things that will only furtherly upset me.

But it's kinda sad. Getting adjusted to our real selves...also losing the spark we used to have.

Honey really tasted so sweet for the first time...the second time...

But who would want to taste honey for the rest of his life?

"I thought I made myself clear earlier that you will stay in my room regardless of your defiance. It's wasn't a request. It was an order."

I didn't respond and just stood and stepped away from the cushion. I pulled the ends of my silk robe and tie the laces together. A protective gesture that I hope he completely understood. But if he wants me in his arms, who am I to refuse. Since he openly imposed his power over my standing now.

I promised not to give in...but from how he imposed his position, I see that I don't even have a choice. More on that the Korean royals gave him the authority to produce an heir even before wedlock.

Well we are married in secret...but still...

A confusing state...but soon it will be all clear to me as to why they suddenly allowed this.