Chapter 9-memories

(A/n: the following content will contain mentions of trauma and I apologize for my dry and stupid humor)

Satomi was deeply impressed that Kiana could fail her first test so hard.
Sure, school wasn't always easy but she hadn't even got one point.
Ombré was laughing in Satomi's mind.

"How did you fail so hard?" Satomi asked.
"Languages just aren't my thing." Kiana said.
"And everything else." Bronya added.
"St. Freya should give Kiana an award for this result." Himeko said in a mocking tone.
"I will help Kiana-chan studying." Mei said.
"No, you spoil her too much." Theresa said.
"You'll probaly give her food for every right answear." Himeko said.
"Subject Kiana woundn't get much food then." Bronya said.
"Okay I got it!" Kiana shouted out.

Satomi smiled and stood up from her seat and went to her room. The conversation they had wasn't very exciting and the woman had better to do than listening to that but it did bring back some memories too.

"Elham I failed my french test!" Satomi shouted.
"Not again." Elham said and looked like she wanted to drown herself.

Satomi closed the door behind her and leaned against the wooden object.
Her room was small and there wheren't many things in it. The basic stuff like a bed and a closet along with a desk where the only things in Satomi's room.

Satomi was in a bad mood since she arrived at St. Freya. Memories of gone days filled her head when she was walking down the hallways that hadn't realy changed in the past two years.

And the worst part, Satomi's birthday came closer. The fourth of july marked the day of Elham's dissapearing and the brutal fight against the Valkyrie killer.
Satomi still had nightmares about him.

A knock on the door interupted her thoughts.
"Satomi-Sensei? Are you okay?" Mei asked through a closed door.
Satomi opened the door.

"Don't worry about me, I'm just going to do my work." Satomi said and tryed to be a bit more cheerfull.
Mei seemed to notice that Satomi wasn't okay but didn't continue to ask.
"Do you want something special for dinner?" Mei asked.
"I'm fine with everything." Satomi said and smiled.
"Okay, I'll call you when dinner is ready." Mei said. Satomi nodded and closed the door behind her.

"Mei did nothing wrong. I'm here for no reason." Satomi thought.
"Easy money for taking care of the brats." Ombré said.

Satomi let out a sight. Maybe drowning herself in writing reports from her last mission would help.

Mei was in the kitchen preparing lunch for everyone. She was easly one of the best cooks in St. Freya and liked it to prepare the daily meals for everyone. It gave her a peace of a normal live.

"Mei-Senpai~!" Kiana shouted and hugged Mei from behind.
"What's for dinner?" Kiana asked.
"Sweet pepper curry." Mei said and started cutting the ingrediance.
"Lemme help you!" Kiana said and grabbed a knife.
"Then please help me cutting the bell peppers." Mei said. The two started cutting togheter.

Himeko and Theresa doing work, Bronya playing her videogames and Satomi in her room doing her own work, it felt normal and peacefull.
Mei lost track of everything, including Kiana heating the oil.

"Mei-Senpai it burns!" Kiana screamed so loud that everyone heared it. Satomi jumped up from her desk and opened the door to see Kiana holding a burning pan and she was about to do the worst mistake possible. She was about to put the burining oil out with water.

"Kiana don't!" Everyone screamed in union. Mei reached her hand out to stop Kiana from putting water in the pan. Himeko, Theresa and Bronya jumped up in panick.