Raiden Part: 4

"So, uh, where did you get a dragon?" Tsugumi asked as she held onto the dragon. Nobody exept Ryoma knew this, but she didn't like hights.

"Ah, long story." Mei just said.

"Yeah. So, uh, you are the Herrscher of Thunder." Tsugumi said, struggeling to bring the topic up.

"Yes." Mei said and wanted to leave the topic behind.

"Are you feeling okay, Mei? I know that must hurt a lot." Tsugumi said.

Mei turned to her and gave her a confused look. The older woman quietly pointed at the Herrscher's stomach.

"Oh. The wound isn't deep and hadn't hit something important." Mei said and took a good look at her supposed mother. Now that the first shock of their reunion had passed, Mei realy saw some of her features in the older woman.

Assuming this is her mother, there is one question needed to be asked.

"Why did you leave me and dad?" Mei asked, a sudden sadness in her voice and expression.

"I never wanted to." Tsugumi said lamenting "Four years after I gave birth to you, men came and tryed to kill me. Did Ryoma ever tell you how we met?"

"You met him in a coffeshop...that was a lie." Mei concluded.

"I was a...killer, an assassin if you will. I had the power and needed to do something. The alternative was to be found by Schicksal or whoever has it out for people with Stigmata. I stayed hidden and only got out of bed if there was a job to finish." Tsugumi further explained.

"And dad was one of your jobs." Mei said.

"Yes. He was pretty good at defending himself and gave me a deal. I told him who had it out for him and in return I was a free woman. Afterwards we kept seeing eachother just in case someone wanted his head. A while after that we had you, married and where happy. He was the CEO of ME Corp and I stayed home to take care for you." Tsugumi finished her explaination.

Mei was a bit speechless but her question wasn't answeared yet.

"We are here." Mei said. Kurikara landed at the meetingplace, the old police department, and flew away once the two women and their prisoner had jumped off of her.

"You let me do the talking. Afterwards I want the rest of your story." Mei said, trying to act unbothered and relaxed but her shaking hands gave her away.

While she could't feel her heart trying to burst out of her lungs, she still felt as if she was about to vomit. The mild pain in her stomach area didn't make it better.

This whole situation was...she didn't want to describe herself as helpless, she was just...a bit lost on what to do, think, and belive.

Was trusting her heart a good option? Should she rather listen to the reason imside her head?

"Bunny, you here?" Mei asked. They where still on the roof of the old building and no one was here tonight.

Not far away there was a loud crash. Mei and Tsugumi saw a building crash down in the distance.

"Was that...?" Mei asked a bit shocked but managed to not show it too much.

"Mei." Akiko said and announced her presence. "Who's that?" She asked and pointed her gun at Tsugumi, who let her hand wander to her blade.

"Relax. She's a...personal matter. I got you a little present." Mei said and threw the Leader at Akiko's feet.

"Is that how you treat a woman?" The Leader asked and spat out a bit of blood coming from her lip.