Let the dead rest

Martha had her little rebellion planned out for a while. Gather enough allies from key parts of Schicksal, long done.
Have strong subordinates, also done.

She didn't plan to rescue a girl she had worked with for a few hours but Satomi would have done it with or without them and Martha didn't want to loose Satomi's trust.

She already had an idea on how to acomplish her goal but it was better to wait for a while longer to see how events play out.

Martha also knows something is going on inside Satomi but what exactly it was is the question. Maybe she can use this to her advantage.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks after the battle of Schicksal:

Mei had started cardiac rehabilitation
and was definetly out of the field for a few months. Bronya had visited Mei daily while Satomi dropped in irregular.

Neither of them adressed the elefant in the room. They both felt horrible for loosing. And there was still no sign of Kiana.

"Are you sure you don't need me there?" Satomi asked. The Ajax was needed in Canada. The Honkai Eruption set the planet into chaos and every ship available was needed.

"Schicksal is searching for Kiana too. It's better to have someone here who can go against Durandal." Martha explained.

"I would like it more for you to stay where I can protect you." Satomi wanted to say but kept it to herself.

"You better not die while I'm not with you." Satomi said and gave them both a hug. Levi frowned but accapted the goodbye gesture.

One month after the battle of Schicksal:

Satomi has nightmares now about, well, everyone. Sometimes they die, sometimes she fails significantly and then they die. The worst part was that Alexander Vollerei was now daily back in her dreams to haunt her.

He would defeat her over and over again, showing how pathetic she is as a Valkyrie.

It resulted in her getting little to no sleep so she focused on her job but every lead to Kiana was going into nothing.

Martha and Levi reported daily. They where fine.

Bronya was worried about her friends. She knew exactly that Mei feels not well but everytime she trys to adress it she gets the "don't worry I'm fine" answear.

It hurt to see her like this.

But Bronya kept asking, lend her her ears and was ready to listen. Eventually Mei opened up.

"I...Kiana. She always saved me. I couldn't repay it. It's silly I know but it makes me feel so small. I want to repay my dept." Mei opened up.

"The Bronya thinks she understands sister Mei's emotions but she also wants sister Mei to understand that Kiana and no one else thinks you have to repay a 'dept'. We will safe her togheter." Bronya said to Mei. She only nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It now has been four months after the battle of Schicksal. Mei was doing well physicaly.

"I might have something." Einstein said one day and finaly something was happening!

The crew gathered on the bridge in record time.

"An intel dealer named Gray Serpent has posted pictures of Kiana two weeks ago. They where taken in Arc City, Shenzou." Einstein explained and showed pictures of Kiana battling Honkai beasts.