7 Who are they?

Part 7 Who are they?

Khushi was opening her eyes slowly but she could not. She could not shake her hand. She sensed her hands were tied up and her eyes were blindfolded. She recalled what happened that day. then only she remembered that she banged on someone in the commissioner's office when she went to meet AC Sharma. She was horror struck. Was she kidnapped? She had no doubt, who could have done that. Somewhat she understood it must be Ishan's men. The much she knew, only Ishan's men were searching for her as she wounded his brother Nishan. She tried to check her phone in her Kurti pocket but she could not. She could not even move her hands.

What a terrible situation she was in. She came to Mumbai to search for her sister Payal. She wanted to know what happened in Paya's life. She wanted to meet ASR. She wanted to ask him about her sister. But, she was caged in an unknown place. She didn't know where was she. Didn't know where Ishan's men brought her.

She should not have poked her nose in someone's matter. But, how could she ignore when something evil happened in front of her eyes? How could she let a rouge harass a girl? How could she let her get affected? Did she study criminology to tolerate all this?

She was thinking about those things while examining the room, caressing her body. She found the door of the room. That was when she heard someone opening the door. She stood, sharpening her ears. When the person came inside the room, opening the door, she kicked the person strongly.

"Ayyyooooo" the person who didn't expect the sudden attack from her, fell down on the floor.

"Who the hell are you? Why did you bring me? why did you tie my hands? Unfold my hands if you have guts" She shouted.

NK was looking at her, clutching his stomach. Yes, she kicked none other than NK.

"This is why we tied up your hands. we knew the strength of your kick" NK said.

Khushi sensed someone pulling the knot of her hand rope. She caressed her hands and pulled off the cloth that had been blindfolding her eyes. She opened her eyes but her vision was not clear. She squeezed it and then, her eyes got a clear vision. She saw a man standing in front of her with a smirk on his face. Khushi was speechless, seeing him. He didn't LOOK Ishan's type. They were so arrogant and haughty. But he... he didn't look so. He was looking like a software engineer, wearing neat and tidy clothes. Though his cloth looked simple, his face held a RICH look. He was damn catchy. There was a spark in his eyes that was also smiling.

I have no doubt readers would have understood who the man was... ARNAV. Khushi saw another man on the floor. He was the one who she kicked, she supposed.

"We should have tied her legs too, Nannav. What a kick...!" NK said. Standing up.

"Don't you dare think of doing that..." Khushi gritted her teeth.

Arnav folded his hands with the same smirk.

"Look, your Nishan misbehaved with a girl and I saved her from him. in that, he got a wound. It was unintentional. If you want to punish me for that, punish your brother first for ill-treating a girl ruthlessly" Khushi said raising her index finger toward Arnav.

"Hey, we are not Ishan's men," NK said.

"Whaaat? Then who are you? why did you bring me here? Did you kidnap me? For what? Are you a human organ-stealing gang?"

"She thinks too much Nannav..." NK countered.

"Why did you bring me here? Who gave you the right to bring me here? Do you know who I'm?"

Khushi moved towards NK and raised her hand to hit him. NK bent down to escape from the hit. In no time, Arnav clutched her hand and twirled her hand behind her. She tried to hit him with her left hand, and Arnav clutched it too. He was almost hugging her, clutching her hands.

"While attacking anyone, not only your eyes but also your sense should be open," Arnav said huskily that churning her stomach.

She was looking at him awe-struck. Arnav left her hands and Khushi moved a step back from him.

"Who are you?" She stammered.

"Ishan's men are searching for you. You would be safe here. You will get caught if you go out... So, be here" he walked out.

"I don't want to be here... who are you to say what I should do?" she shouted.

Arnav stopped right away and smirked.

"You can't leave this place. You can be liberal here until you leave this place. I will send you after finishing Ishan's account. Till then you have to be here safely"

"Excuse me... why should I obey you? Who are you to order me?" she exclaimed.

"Whoever I'm... you have to obey me. You have no choice. I said you can't leave this place. Try... if you can" he walked out.

Was she allowed to be liberal here? But why? Who the hell was he? Who was he to control her? She saw NK looking at her.

"What are you looking at?" She sneered.

"Would you always be angry?"

"Who are you to me? Why would I be cool with you?"

"Of course, I'm none... but we can be CLOSE in the upcoming days"

"What? CLOSE?" She gritted her teeth.

"Hey... hey... I mean, as a friend..."

"Friend and you? Do you think friendship is distributed *Prasad* in temples, that anyone can get?"

"Not everyone can get the PRASAD, madam... only those who are blessed could get it," NK said that making her speechless.

NK walked out without closing the door. That made Khushi surprised.

Khushi frowned, and could not understand anything. What KIND of these guys? They were talking like socialists. What did they want? Why were they doing this? Who were they to protect her from Ishan? How did they know that Ishan was searching for her? Were they trustworthy? But how could she trust them blindly? What if their intention was something bad? Khushi was confused.

She saw the big size windows in the room. She rushed to it and ran her eyes outside. She was stunned, seeing the vicinity of the bungalow she was in. It seemed she was on the second floor. She caught her breath, seeing many people guarding the building with guns in their hands. She understood the meaning of Arnav's words, YOU CAN'T LEAVE THIS PLACE. TRY, IF YOU CAN. Khushi gulped down.

And, something dragged her attention. There was another building on the same campus that was located a hundred meters away from the building she was in. It had three floors. All the windows of the building had been closed. She could not see the entrance of the building. What building was that? Who were these people? What were they doing here? Were they doing something illegal? It seemed there were many things she could get to know in this place.

Khushi came out of the room slowly, looking here and there. She got dizzy, seeing the LOOOONG corridor. The main gate of the campus was nearly a hundred meters away from the building. How big this place was? She could not believe there was such a place in Mumbai city.

She analyzed the place. She could not reach the gate without anyone's knowledge because there was a guard standing with a gun every ten meters. She walked running her eyes. There were many CCTV cameras in the corridor. She sighed. She understood that escaping from that place was next to impossible. That place was nothing but a COSTLY jail with all the FACILITY. But she didn't know why was she in the jail. She didn't know what to do. But, she has to do something to escape from here. She could not be in anyone's protection... she should not be... at the same time, she should find out about that place and about these men.

To be continued...