22 Research

Part 22 Research

Arnav's gaze was calm enough to make Khushi furious. She reached Arnav with the same fury.

"What's happening here? What are you guys doing here?" she asked Arnav.

Arnav looked at Ram who left the place silently.

"You should have understood it by now... Or, read it" Arnav pointed at the bold golden letters of RESEARCH CENTER.

"What all the research is about? What Ishan is doing with your research?"

"Didn't I say, we are working for society? This is one among them... This is a research center. We are contributing some valuable research to this society."

"That means, are you using these people for the experiments?"

Arnav folded his hands and nodded yes.

"This is not right... who gave you the right to do this? This is illegal"

"So? So, what if this is illegal? These guys are not the saviors of LAW. They are lawbreakers. They lived their lives selfishly... they never minded destroying others for their happiness... SILLY happiness" he stressed the word SILLY.

"But..."

Arnav stopped her showing his palm.

"No one gave me the right to do this. I don't need anyone's permission because these guys also never got anyone's permission to do anything. Then why should I get the permission?"

"This is not right... the punishment will be severe, if you get caught"

"I know how to save myself. You don't have to mind about it. Keep it secret if you can..."

"What kind of research is this? These guys seem in trouble..."

"Of course, they would be because this research is about cancer."

"Whaaaaat? Cancer?" she was shocked.

Arnav nodded yes.

"That means, you guys are intentionally making them cancer patients?"

"Without making them cancer patients, how could we do research on them?"

"Do you have any idea, what the hell are you doing?"

"What do you think? Do you have any idea how much money has been invested in this research? We knew very well what we are doing"

"But, it will give them killer pain"

"Throwing acid on a girl won't give her killer pain?"

"I agree what Ishan did is absolutely wrong. he tried to throw acid on a girl..."

"He is here not just because he threw acid on a girl... he was on our hit list even before the incident"

"But why?"

"Because he is a rapist. He raped many innocent girls and became the reason they committed suicide. You won't believe... he raped a six-year-old girl and burnt her alive" he said gritting his teeth.

Khushi gulped hard.

"What was her mistake? Taking birth as a girl is the only mistake she had done. Do you still think this kind of man should be left free in society? Will you say he won't touch any other girl here after? Could you question this beast for his action just like you are doing with me?" he shouted making her jerk.

"Just six years old child... just think... how terrible her condition would have been... what kind of pleasure this B**** would have gotten from the kid? Don't your spine shiver while thinking about it?"