30 Who is that?

Part 30 Who is that?

Pulling her hand down from Arnav's mouth, Khushi walked to her father's room.

"Hey, darling..." Arnav called her.

Dropping her jaw, Khushi whipped around to see him.

"Mind your words... this is Lucknow" she bit her teeth.

"Ok... jealousy queen...is that fine?"

"I'm not jealous" she headed to her father's room.

"Yeah... I have understood that when you elaborated about my non-existing wife to Ritu" he followed her.

"I have saved you from that cling. For that, you have to thank me instead"

"If you want to save me, there are multiple ways to do that... why this one?" he cornered.

"I can do only what I know... I can't think from your head" she tried to shut him.

"It's not a big deal... you could have simply said the truth that WE are in love"

"It's not true and we are not in love" she stepped inside her father's room.

Arnav clutched her upper arm and turned her to make her look at him.

"There is no love for me in your heart?"

"Hell NO..."

"Then prove it"

Khushi crossed her hands across her chest.

"Bring Ritu back and tell her the truth"

"Not at all..."

"Then..."

Interrupting him,

"Then, think whatever... I'm not going to bring her back here again and that's final. You are here for a purpose... remember? We have to find our property documents... remember?"

"Jealous at the peak..." Arnav muttered.

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"Making me a married man is fine... making me a father of four children is also fine... but, what's necessary to tell Ritu about how STRONG my wife is in THAT matter?"

Khushi looked at her feet, not answering.

"Is it a kind of FORESEEN?" Arnav smirked, making her cheek burn.

She made an effort to move but, Arnav brought her back to the same position.

"I would like to see how strong you are in THAT matter" he uttered in a husky tone.

Khushi met his eyes where there was no playful gesture.

"Ask my husband about it once I get married"

If Khushi had expected him to get mad at her for uttering such a statement, it didn't happen, Instead, Arnav asked,

"Do you want me to stand in front of the mirror every morning?"

She sighed.

"What do you want?"

"True"

"What you are seeing is true... what you are hearing is true"

"What about what I'm feeling? Is not it true?"

"I don't know about your damn feelings"

She pushed him with full force and Arnav fell on the wooden book self. To their surprise, the shelf moved a little. They spared a meaningful glance. Arnav pushed the shelf a little more forcefully. They found another shelf in the wall, behind the bookshelf.