16 Aman Mathur

Part 16 Aman Mathur

Khushi's shock was not estimated. She could not trust her own ears. She doubted that she should have heard wrong. The much she knew, Aman Mathur was the most loyal officer among two in the Mumbai city. Another one was Varma. She herself saw Aman pouncing on the reporters who talked about ASR. According to the world, Aman Mathur and ASR were rivals. But what just NK said was totally opposite to what people thought. Was everything a drama? Was Aman Mathur pretending like, he hated ASR? But why? No doubt he was a straightforward officer. Then, how did ASR trap him in his web? Did ASR take Aman's family members hostage to achieve what he wanted? Did Aman give up easily? If they were partners what were they doing together? Were they just partners or partners in crime? They must be partners in crime. These setups themselves said they were doing something against the government rules. Individual empire, individual force, individual troop, what was all this? Whatever, she was not going to leave this. She could not let it go.

She waited for the ambulance to return back from the building. After one and a half an hour, the ambulance came out of the building. In no time, Khushi rushed out and zoomed toward the ambulance. The ambulance driver pressed the brake, seeing a girl coming towards the ambulance.

"Hey, girl, give m a way" the ambulance driver shouted.

Khushi nodded no and stood spreading her hands.

"What do you want?"

Khushi stood silently. That made the ambulance driver irritated. He got down from the ambulance and advanced Khushi. Khushi tackled him and rushed to the backside of the ambulance. She tapped the ambulance door loudly. The ambulance door opened. And a man peeped from the ambulance. Undoubtedly, he was Aman Mathur himself.

Khushi was shocked to the core. The same man who she wanted to meet to complain about ASR. The same man was now, ASR's guest. Khushi clapped.

"Weldon, Mr. Aman Mathur... Congratulations on your so perfect acting... What a mind-blowing drama...! How realistic your dialogues are...! Why not nominate for Oscar awards? You will surely get selected as a great actor"

Sarcasm scattered in her tone.

Neither Aman Mathur said anything nor did he show any reaction on his face. He was gazing at her with no expression.

"This is how you are serving the nation? This nation trusts you... But you? You are cheating the world joining hands with the most wanted criminal" she said angrily.

"Criminal? What do you mean criminal?" Aman spoke breaking his silence.

"Do you want me to explain what is meant by criminal, Mr. ACP?"

"Yes, people's perception change according to their mindset.. (He passed for a while and said)... Khushi"

Khushi looked at him surprisingly, hearing her name from ACP Aman Mathur. Aman smirked.

"I know your name. ASR told me about you. There is no hide-and-seek between us. You asked me some questions. Let me ask you only one question. Why is the most wanted criminal trying to save you from the small-level criminal called Ishan? Why does he bother about anyone's life who is not related to him if he is a heartless monster as per your perception? Why should he have thought of protecting you if he doesn't have a concern about lives?"

Khushi gulped down hard.

"Not everything can't be understandable... Not everything can be describable... There are much more issues beyond our knowledge. I think you will get all the answers from ASR"

Khushi nodded no.

"He won't tell me," she said.

"He will... (He paused and looked behind Khushi, tilting his head) won't you?" He asked.