𝐈. death of a star

─── chapter one.
❛ DEATH OF A STAR ❜

THERE WAS A BUZZ IN HER EARS, like a pesky fly doing circles over her head

THERE WAS A BUZZ IN HER EARS, like a pesky fly doing circles over her head. deok-ja felt the bitterness of her dry mouth, unfed stomach feeling empty as she walked through the halls of jaewon high.

she wanted to go home. school was refutable to deok-ja, something useless she'd discard the second she was out the grounds and away from the proclaimed "helpfulness" of education.

her fingers itched to punch, to break something — anything — to get the building dread in her stomach to disappear.

"you're glaring at the floor again." the quiet murmur of deok-su's voice did little to ease her.

"it's ugly." was her short response, the scowl never leaving her face.

deok-su let out a short breath, choosing not to respond to his sister's stupid remarks. they walked in a not-so-silent silence, that annoying ring in deok-ja's ear nagging her in the farthest corner of her brain.

"promise me you won't cause any trouble." deok-su said softly as the two reached a rugged looking door marked 'architecture department'.

deok-ja only hummed, not bothering to answer his request.

"deok-ja." his stern voice interrupted her walk. "promise me."

"yeah, yeah. i promise. get off my back." she replied without turning back, rolling her eyes at him and sliding the door open.

"have a good day." deok-su called after her, all too aware he wasn't going to get a response back.

sighing once more, the boy watched the door for a couple more seconds before walking off.

with a shake of his head, deok-su ignored the shouts of protest coming from the classroom behind him.

she never keeps her promises.

‎ ‎
IT WAS ANNOYING, the yells and blabbering of the stony faced baboons before deok-ja, watching her in shock.

looking down at her uniform (an annoyingly short skirt and dress shirt) deok-ja glanced at their grey coveralls and tank tops with envy.

"a girl!" one of them yelled.

"call vasco! it's a girl!"

deok-ja took in the atmosphere, the stench of men's deodorant and the overall mess, and grimaced.

i'm going to kill someone, she groaned inwardly, ignoring the shouts of glee at her arrival.

"a what?" a voice directly behind deok-ja startled her, making her turn in a flash.

before her was someone who didn't look like he belonged in high school. he was tall — well built — with a multitude of tattoos adorning his toned arms. on his face was a small amount of stubble.