𝐕. tame beast

─── chapter five.
❛ TAME BEAST ❜

IT WAS TIMES LIKE THESE, where the mornings were too dim to wake up to, that made deok-su wished he had just dropped out of high school

his limbs were heavy and there was a knot on his neck that ached everytime his head turned even a fraction of a centimeter. thanks to the well-needed rest the teen had taken, the severe eyebags staining his tannish complexion with purples and blues like bruises had become a muted grey beneath his tired eyes.

adjusting his glasses gingerly, deok-su stared into his reflection in the bathroom mirror. his uniform was impeccably clean, a great contrast to his worn shoes. the room smelled of smoke and piss — a combination that made deok-su scrunch his nose in disgust.

he couldn't stand the loudness in the room. it was so suffocating, clawing and tearing at deok-su's insides as he was bunched into the crowd. as if having so many people sitting at his table during lunch wasn't enough social interaction, those simple minded creatures just had to go and invade his personal space.

with trembling fingers, deok-su turned on the tap and began to wash his hands. all those people brushing against him felt like stains on his body.

i want to go home, he sighed to himself, drying his scarred and rugged hands on the cheap paper towels in the dispenser.

with one last adjustment to his glasses, deok-su tore his eyes from his eerily sinister reflection and walked out of the bathroom, slightly massaging his aching neck.

the reflection that always stared back at him seemed to never change — from its cruel eyes and haunting gaze. deok-su couldn't help but resent the way his past never seemed to want to leave him.

GROSS, was the first thing that popped into deok-su's head as he passed by daniel and some starry eyed girl who seemed to be openly flirting with him.

it seemed zack thought the same, because as deok-su took his seat next to the teen, he scoffed at the pair and looked away.

"hey, glasses." deok-su was startled at zack addressing him so directly.

after his outburst at the 'get together' last time, the boxer seemed to absolutely refuse to even look in deok-su's general direction, much less speak to him. deok-su, being deok-su, didn't feel the need to carry a conversation he would rather avoid, so the silence was also partly on him too.

deok-su turned to face zack, his voice too caught in his throat to properly say anything other than a small hum of acknowledgment.

his glasses slid down a few centimeters down his face from the newfound nervousness of speaking to his seatmate. sure, they'd conversed before, but under different circumstances. deok-su hadn't been alone, and zack was so drunk he talked endlessly without deok-su needing to say a word in response.