𝐕𝐈𝐈. wow, he talks

─── chapter seven.
❛ WOW, HE TALKS ❜

OF COURSE, only kil deok-ja could come home with a grin on her face after getting painfully injured

and of course, all kil deok-su could do was sigh heavily and usher her inside, quickly and quietly thanking the teen who had brought her home with a small bow.

its not the first time, and clearly not the last either.

"so, you took a knife wound even when you could've easily broken the stalker's wrist and avoided it?" deok-su recapped deok-ja's explanation as he unwrapped her bandages to asses the wound on her arm.

"i could've, but that part-timer and zoe were behind me, and i didn't want them to get hurt." she shrugged in response, wincing as deok-su placed healing ointment on her arm.

"you're so reckless..." deok-su murmured under his breath.

she only smiled cheekily in response. ‎

SOMETIMES, deok-su unwillingly found himself in the middle of something he'd rather not be involved in.

mostly it was because of his overly reckless sister or the company the twins kept, but today it was because of a boy named zack lee.

after the incident at the convenience store (deok-su would rather not recount it — he's pictured the scene far too many times in both his dreams and in his mind), the bespectacled teen tried to steer clear of absolutely any conversation regarding his gel-haired seatmate.

however, luck was never on his side as the boy seemed adamant on discovering his most well-guarded secret.

"i didn't know you could fight. what do you specialize in? are you a spy? do you work for the government? i'm a boxer too, so if we ever fight don't break my arm, i need it —"

"can you please stop asking me questions? i just finished being interrogated by zoe on the wellbeing of my sister." he groaned lowly, turning to glare at zack.

he wasn't one to let emotion take over him, but the boy beside him wouldn't let him catch a break and it was ticking deok-su off.

"huh, why? is there something wrong with her?" zack ignored the chill that went down his spine at the sight of deok-su's haunting eyes boring right into his own.

deok-su had almost forgotten that deok-ja was acquainted (although quite bitterly) with zack, judging by their challenging glares and slightly less mean — but still mean enough to make someone cry — words. he debated on telling him that it was nothing, but settled on just spilling the truth. it wasn't like the two were close enough to worry about each other anyway.

"she got stabbed." was his simple and blank response before turning to snuggle his head further into his arms for a nice long nap. it wasn't like their teacher was in the classroom long enough to care whether or not he was sleeping.