𝐕𝐈. flesh wound

─── chapter six.
❛ FLESH WOUND ❜

OVER THE YEARS, deok-ja had developed an uncanny ability to detect presences near her

OVER THE YEARS, deok-ja had developed an uncanny ability to detect presences near her. mostly it was because of a certain black and blonde haired duo, who loved sneaking up on her whenever they got the chance.

the feeling was often muddled when in the presence of too many people, because more often than not, there was always someone staring at her.

but staring and watching were not all the same.

and deok-ja felt sinister intentions through the prickle in her skin, goosebumps dotting her arms and the hair on the back of her neck bristling.

after a difficult night tossing and turning, the pain in her lower abdomen had soon ebbed away slowly as time progressed. however, the squeeze in her heart remained ever present.

deok-su's tears were like a haunting image repeating into her head, a broken record playing a haunting melody.

the dark haired girl didn't fully understand the weight beneath his tears, nor the effort he'd put into quelling the thrill his fists ached for, but seeing him cry still hurt.

maybe it was just that — the expression on deok-su's face, that had been making her feel uneasy this whole time. or just her mind, connecting one problem with another.

maybe she was just too high strung at the moment to think clearly.

"deok-ja!" warmth pressed itself to her body, and then there was zoe.

zoe, with her sweet (although sometimes it was false) smile and her need to keep friends close.

"i have sooo much planned!" she grinned up at deok-ja, long lashes fluttering together as her eyes creased in the slightest.

pushing away the unease building up like bubbling lava in her body, deok-ja gave the girl a small nervous smile. how could she possibly ruin her day and tell zoe that she had a bad feeling when she looked so happy?

deok-ja wished she wasn't so complacent around her.

but, that's what friends do, she supposed.

"i bought snacks, and — and lots of sweets! we can watch a movie too, and maybe do your makeup! you're already pretty, but i think you'll look even prettier with the right products..." deok-ja mindlessly nodded along to the girl's words, a smile painting her face.

finally, a friend that doesn't reek of manliness and protein powder!

THE DAY WAS SOON LOST, replaced by nightfall. laughter rang from the inside of zoe's room, where two girls chatted away and ate snacks.

soon, the small trash can in zoe's room grew full of chip bags and candy wrappers, and deok-ja took that as her cue to go home.

"i'll walk you out!" zoe smiled, in her hands a tied up trash bag. "i gotta take out the trash anyway."