𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. midterms

─── chapter eight.
❛ MIDTERMS ❜

IF THERE WAS ONE THING, not including their obvious difference in gender, that fully set the kil siblings apart, it would be academic intellect

deok-su, of course, was someone well versed in formulas and all that other school stuff.

but deok-ja? she spent half her time picking fights, and the other half doing absolutely nothing (nothing productive, at least). she didn't care for taking tests or passing classes, so her effort in her studies was minimal and close to nonexistent.

no matter how much deok-su nagged, deok-ja would not pick up a pencil or pen or whatever writing utensil she chose, even if it meant looking like an idiot at the last minute. the prospect of putting hours into memorizing subjects she deemed useless was simply absurd.

the only 'intellect' deok-ja would ever need in her life was her killer instinct and fighting knowledge. maybe the occasional business etiquette as well, but that was nothing she couldn't learn by watching others.

yet, she was sitting quietly at the library with vasco and jace, both who were trying to get decent grades on the midterms despite the fact that the architecture department lacked an actual teacher.

deok-ja, clad in a pair of loose jeans and her favorite hoodie, boredly doodled on her notebook. frankly, she found staring at the patterns on either boy's skin much more entertaining then memorizing subjects, and the fact that they both had such low necklines made it difficult for her to care much about the actual studying aspect of being at the library in the first place.

"oh, this one's cute." deok-ja mumbled as she poked the colored bird on jace's chest with her finger.

he gently swatted her hand away, big ears burning red at her sudden touch.

"it was my first tattoo." he said, glancing over at vasco before focusing his attention on the notebook in front of him, hastily scribbled with last minute notes and writing.

her eyes brightened as jace mentioned it, before slightly pulling on the hem of her hoodie to expose her collarbone.

"i have only one." she replied, gesturing to the small star imprinted on the skin just below the slope of her collarbone.

"it's nice." vasco said as he stared at the figure.

"don't tell anyone." deok-ja grinned, putting a finger to her lips. "if deok-su finds out, he'll kill me."

jace only shook his head with a small smile at the way her eyes twinkled in the dim library room light.

"jace, do you think our telepathy will work during the test?" vasco asked absentmindedly, a tear trickling down his face.

the big eared boy and deok-ja shared a look, before he hastily assured vasco that it didn't work like that.

the girl couldn't help the smile that graced her lips at the moment, feeling giddy for no particular reason whatsoever.