𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. sophomores rule!

─── chapter seventeen.
❛ SOPHOMORES RULE !

DESPITE THE TOUGH, even though tough was un understatement, year the kil siblings endured at j high, becoming a sophomore at the same school was certainly an achievement

deok-ja had managed to not get expelled (despite her underwhelming gpa of 0.7) and deok-su had managed to keep his head attached to his body despite the countless temptations to just chop it off in hopes for a quieter life.

before the short break leading to their return as sophomores, he had the 'pleasure' of witnessing daniel park and his rather terrible ordeal involving a stalker and a familiar girl. of course, he just strolled past and minded his business (he wasn't particularly fond of either of the two, though he did feel the slightest twinge of pity for them) like any other onlooker would.

the two weeks of break were like bliss to deok-su, who did not have to talk to anyone beside his sister and their pet retriever, moose, who had grown considerably from the cute little puppy they had first adopted.

deok-ja, on the other hand, did whatever she could to avoid the curse of boredom, often times stepping out of the house for long periods of time to help vasco train convenience store daniel. when she wasn't hanging out with her tattooed gangster friends of burn knuckles, she was with charles choi's goons, working to earn an extra buck.

deok-ja was more in tune with them than deok-su would ever be. especially diego kang, whom deok-ja loved and deok-su was wary of. gun and goo, no matter how much deok-ja complained about how annoying they were, were still considered friends in her eyes. the trio of bloodhounds would go out and practically demolish smaller tier gangs in a few hours just for fun (deok-su was only okay with it because they were no-name gangs and it payed rather well).

back to the topic at hand — the kil siblings' fresh start at j high as sophomores was not as fresh as either would've liked. upon stepping foot onto campus grounds, loud chattering erupted in their wake. something along the lines of 'kil deok-su, the sheathed blade' and 'kil deok-ja, bnc's wildcard'.

although, deok-ja was rather proud of her newfound title. deok-su, not so much.

deok-ja was in a good mood, that rather creepy grin on her face as she walked through the halls of j high with her brother, picturing all the fun she'd have this year tormenting the freshman in the architecture department. deok-su was all glum as people went out of their way to form a path for them to cross, currently annoyed by all the attention he was receiving.

news sure spread fast about his skills, and it was rather damaging to his 'mysterious loner' vibe he had going on. not to mention kouji, the annoying grape headed kid, had transferred schools and was keen on treating him like some sort of king.

deok-ja broke off from her brother as he entered the fashion department, not before saying her hello's to her friends (a hug for mira and zoe, a punch on the shoulder to zack, a fist bump to jay, and a final goodbye pat on the back to deok-su) and making her way to vasco and jace.