𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. revived spark

─── chapter twenty two.
❛ REVIVED SPARK ❜

IF THERE WAS ONE PERSON WHO LOOKED AS THOUGH HE'D BEEN HIT BY A FREIGHT TRAIN, it would be kil deok-su

the morning greeted him rigidly, deepening the already blackening bags beneath his eyes and sinking the fat from his once full cheeks. kil deok-ja and her unbridled rage really did a number on his mental state, and that alone was enough to affect his sleep for the next week.

still, deok-su felt the weight lessen from his chest, as though he could finally breathe again. truly, even arguments did well enough to quell the incessant pit of turmoil twisting in his stomach.

unfortunately, his good mood penetrated little onto his exterior, for upon entering the fashion department class, kil deok-su was met with whispers and the worried glances belonging to those he supposed he could call his 'friends'.

"you look terrible." mira fussed as the taller teen took his seat, slumping further in his chair to avoid her prying gaze.

"thanks." he replied glumly, and she cracked a small smile. ever since the cafeteria incident with the transfer, mira seemed more inclined to the flourish of deok-su's hardly-there personality.

"have you been sleeping?" she asked as zack raised his head from where it had been pressed against the cool desk, probably waking up from a pre-class nap.

truth be told, deok-su had tried to, but the images of a past he had just barely begun to accept were too many and too fragile to hold within his dreams, so he chose to stay awake and bear the brunt of his insomnia with a few shots of coffee and a cold shower.

"yeah," he lied, if only for the sake of mira's own conscience. the girl had no business worrying over deok-su when he wasn't even all that worth it.

"you look like shit." zack, now fully awake, chimed in, grinning at his deskmate. his hair was half-mussed by his nap, sticking up from one end and flat from another.

"gee, thanks." deok-su gritted out halfheartedly, sighing and burrowing his head into his hands with a muffled yawn.

"hey guys! we finally got the pictures from the amusement park!" daniel's voice pierced through the comforting silence as he and his friends (jay and zoe) walked over to their desks.

the transferee stuck his arm between zack and deok-su, showing them the picture. he didn't remember taking that, but deok-su traced the lines of his surprisingly gleeful face on the piece of glossed over paper with his eyes.

he looked happy, then. zack's arm was around his neck in a playful chokehold, and mira's hand was in a heart shape next to his cheek. he could hear the laughter ringing in his ears as the camera shutter flashed, and suddenly the memory feels as if it were only yesterday.

daniel shuffled through his bag for a moment while deok-su and the others examined the picture, and he pulled a small stack of the same photo.

"you printed copies?" zoe asked gleefuly as daniel handed her and mira one.